ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Filters import and creation

Filters import and creation

I understood Photoshop filters may be imported.
    Now I've two questions.

1. I've got Serif Drawplus X4 too which has filters too and You may crat combinations of them. Can they be imported too?
    2. How can we possibly create custom filters by ourselves and with AR3 Studio 3 Pro (if that's a possibility)? I know Misterpaint created and shared some specifically for AR3 on the Italian AR site.

Thank You in advance for Your reply!
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

If Drawplus uses Photoshop compatible Filters they may be supported in ArtRage. You would need to locate the filters on disk (they should be '.8bf' files if they are compatible) and point ArtRage to their folder using the folder list in the 'Filters' section of the Preferences panel.

Making your own filters requires either being able to write them in a programming environment, or using some kind of Photoshop Filter generator. We don't have anything like that built in to the product, we just support externally created filters.
    Matt
    ArtRage UI
    Ambient Design.

Thank You very much for the prompt reply and the tips, dear Matt!
    I guess this applies to any custom feature.
    I'll check, since Ive got also Photoshop Portable PS which I rarely used, but is probably compatible too, so I may see if at least the extensions look the same than those of Drawplus.
    Panta rei (everything flows)!