Thread: Keeping the inking/line work, layers.

Gallery
    View images

Keeping the inking/line work, layers.

Hiya

I love this program but i have one gripe.

I do a lot of inking which i scan into my computer. How can i keep my line work without painting over it.

I know its to do with layers, but either i still draw over the line work, or the paint strokes don't appear on the new layer i've created.

Ive moved layers up and down, changed the opacity of the layers and nothing seems to work, i'm at a total loss.

Help?

Gallery
    View images
    i suggest you post what you are talking about so we can all take a look and offer different suggestions :P

Gallery
    View images
    I think you want to duplicate the inkline layer, (if you want the background to stay white) and change the layermode to "Tint". Select the underlaying layer,and paint on it,......voilą ,colors under your inklines.

If you want everything(background) to be transparent, just add a new layer, drag the new layer under the inkline layer, and change the inklayer as before , to "tint" and you can start painting again under it.
    Just say: "Rage It", because we already know it's art.

My ArtRage 3 and 4 Gallery------My Site ------- BROWSE MY BOOK

Gallery
    View images
    Ok ive got it to work BUT how do i get rid of that really annoying checkerboard effect? i know it meant to signify something but i dont need it really and its a distraction from the artistic process.

Gallery
    View images
    If all of your layers are clear, it shows the checkerboard. If you don't like that, then make sure not all of your layers are clear.

Create a new layer, fill it with whatever background you like, white, purple, cow-splotched or whatever, and move it under ALL of the other working layers that you want to see.

The images in this thread of mine may help:
    http://www2.ambientdesign.com/forums...pic.php?t=2409

You can work on one layer while other layers are visible or invisible, it's your choice. Just turn on and off the right layers when you want to see the finished work.
    --
    [ e d @ h a l l e y . c c ] Japanese-themed tees and gifts

Gallery
    View images
    Note also that you can edit the paper opacity of a new layer - you needn't fill it with paint - if you want a new 'background' layer behind all your others.

In fact any layer can have paper colour and opacity other than totally transparent. You can have a different paper texture for each layer if you like.
    AndyRage's mantra for graphics engine code:
    "Sure - how hard can it be?"

Gallery
    View images
    OK, thanks for all your help its appreciated.

Gallery
    View images
    Quote Originally Posted by enRaged
    i suggest you post what you are talking about so we can all take a look and offer different suggestions :P
    hiya enRaged here is a link to my artwork. (No AR stuff as yet that will be coming soon)

http://rustiswordz.deviantart.com/gallery/