ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Midnight Castle

Midnight Castle

I wanted to do a detailed,good painting( Something I have always wanted to do) but never really got there,I always feel its not good enough,something always happens(Usually my fault) I mess about with it, and wreck it,very easily,it really is no trouble at all,messing up....However repairing the damage and putting things right appears to be almost an impossibility,like this one....I had a good idea,drew it painted it,almost had it right at one point,started detailing it,and immediately wrecked it by merging three layers( one had papergrain on it,a blank layer, one I didnt want,didnt need, and didnt request,it just turned up,and I forgot to delete this layer or at least turn off the papergrain,so when I merged layers there it was,too late I noticed it, but by then I had already saved as a J-peg,and the original was not retrievable). So I am posting this picture as it is,because blurring or noise reduction only loses what detail I have left,so that makes it pointless,but perhaps you might be able to see what I was intending it to be,never mind,its only extremely annoying,but then thats just me,just thought I would mention it....Ahar!!....or perhaps it should be....AAArrrrggggghhhhh!!!!!!!.....Jack.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Midnight Castle.jpg 
Views:	234 
Size:	237.8 KB 
ID:	51535  
    http://jacktar51.cgsociety.org/
    Some of my artwork can be seen at the above link.......Jack.

This looks absolutely incredible! But I know what you mean about just about getting a painting perfect and then messing about with it a little too long! But this is wonderful.

Another fantastic painting dear Jack
    Treat Others as you wish to be treated

http://mannafig.deviantart.com/

Well, shiver me timbers, another great gothic! I too can identify with ruining something that showed great promise at one point. Just sputter a bit more, maybe kick the dog a little, and tomorrow you'll be ready to start another wonderful canvas.