Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: ArtRage Watercolor Class

Quote Originally Posted by runningbull View Post
    Goodness, those pairs are breathtaking Someonesane. I would have sworn that was a photo of a watercolor. I'm going to hunt down your Pencil Blender.

Thanks Runningbull . You can find the attachment download for the Pencil Blender preset here.
    Nothing is easy to the unwilling.

Quote Originally Posted by Someonesane View Post
    Sorry to be coming into the discussion a bit late. I somehow overlooked the thread before. You've done a great a great job with your watercolors. I'm happy to see you are exploring the possibilities for using the various presets, such as my Pencil Blender, beyond their initially intended purpose. I hope you are having fun in your classes. It's a shame classes like that weren't really around for me, when I was a student.

Here's my attempt at a pair of watercolor pears, using various watercolor, and palette knife presets, with some Airbrush Spatter Sticker Spray thrown in for texture (something I'd achieve by using a toothbrush to spatter the paint, in natural media).
    Thanks, Someonesane.
    Your Pears Painting is amazing! They are extremely lifelike.
    I am playing with selections this week as in digital frisket or masking.

~John

Here is another Watercolor study from my imagination called Wildflowers:

~John
    Attached Images Attached Images  

great and inspiring works here.
    Just say: "Rage It", because we already know it's art.

My ArtRage 3 and 4 Gallery------My Site ------- BROWSE MY BOOK

Thanks, Hannz!

That's a little beauty John.
    How is the class going?
    Any more techniques or tips to share?

Yes, very nice . It's amazing how simple shapes and colors can convey a scene like this. Well done.

Quote Originally Posted by gzairborne View Post
    That's a little beauty John.
    How is the class going?
    Any more techniques or tips to share?
    Well last week we were learning how to use selections as a Digital Frisket. I am pretty familiar with selections as I have used Photoshop since version 3, but ArtRage has a nice paint on selection tool which works really nice.

This week we were using paintings and images as overlays, but I am not much into that as I prefer painting somewhat traditionally without using photo manipulation techniques.

Here is another simple Landscape:

~John
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Another nice job there, John. Keep it up.

Quote Originally Posted by vapsman88 View Post
    Well last week we were learning how to use selections as a Digital Frisket. I am pretty familiar with selections as I have used Photoshop since version 3, but ArtRage has a nice paint on selection tool which works really nice.

Yes, the selection tool is very handy for this sort of thing. Perhaps you've already tried it, but a feature I enjoy using is the Select Layer Content. It's the same idea as using the Paint Area Selection feature, expect one may use any tool they wish. For example, let's say I want to keep parts of my canvas masked for a tree. I would start by creating a new layer, and then I could use the Glitter or Sticker Spray tool to spray out shapes for the leaves and the Oil brush for the trunk. Then I'd go to the Edit menu and click on the Select Layer Contents to mask the painted area, which would then allow me to paint that area on a separate layer with the Watercolor tool. The same could be done by creating a stencil out of the layer (as shown in the attached image).
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	wcsteps.jpg 
Views:	149 
Size:	85.2 KB 
ID:	52243  

Someonesane,

Thanks for that on Select Layer Content. I haven't used that yet but a great idea.

~John