Page 988 of 1672 FirstFirst ... 488888938978986987988989990998103810881488 ... LastLast
Results 9,871 to 9,880 of 16718

Thread: Bus sketch'es 1.2.3.4.5.

Go for it Mr Ploos and have fun

Thanks. Jean. Will do. CIAO. SLAINTE

Outstanding Mr Ploos! And to think you did it all with your finger. . .

That lassie is looking fit for society and the lad looks like he's tuning his guitar strings and hamstrings all in a single go. . .

"Ooooh. . . the hamstring's connected to the E string, the A string's connected to the thigh bone. . . hunky bunkey dunkey down. . ."

Later, rock n' roll guitarists saved the 'gettin' doon' fer the stage. . . boot ye gotta love a soulful guitar tech.

Good on ye, Master Ploos! And you stay fit as a fiddle or some stringed instrument or other. . .

PoseDrawSki! y ˇVaya con catenation!

I dare say your paintings are not suffering from your absence one little bit. . . GO MAN GO!!!!! PAINT I TELL YOU!!!!!!!!!

"Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

You ended up with two excellent interpretations in Your unifying personal style. Applause!
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

Hi Cap'n. Mac yeah it's all in dem. dry bones. As tried a few exercise's Yestuday now I in pain in

Small of my back. At the moment I can hardly walk ok Isee. How I get on for the rest of the day

Hail O Caesar O Mighty One. Thanks for the applause. Of the two I liked the guitar maker best,. As I

think the lady in the white Hat. Needed more time on the hat and had a feeling her mouth wanted

moving slightly to her right??? Ok. To U both thanks but would like U to be more critical. Ok as its like

Then seeing through your eyes OK. CiAO toU Both . Statte BBUONO Si. SLAINTE....POZDRAWSKI

they're both very expressive though, more than the original maybe. The woman with the pouting mouth in particular.
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

Quote Originally Posted by eighty+ View Post
    Hi Cap'n. Mac yeah it's all in dem. dry bones. As tried a few exercise's Yestuday now I in pain in

Small of my back. At the moment I can hardly walk ok Isee. How I get on for the rest of the day

. . .

moving slightly to her right??? Ok. To U both thanks but would like U to be more critical. Ok as its like

Then seeing through your eyes OK. CiAO toU Both . Statte BBUONO Si. SLAINTE....POZDRAWSKI
    More critical? Surely you jest! Hahaha.

Well let me address the pain in the back. I'm no stranger to it. Though I am not there so if I offer advice it's just sharing my own stuff but you need to sort it for your own situation.

In your case though, it could well merely be a muscle spasm. If it is, then stuff like Tylenol (or whichever body ache over the counter stuff you got there) might work for you. That and a good night sleep for the body to reboot often does the trick. Just make sure you read the bottle so you know if your stuff needs you to eat first.

I use it fairly regularly when I've abused my body chopping down trees and such. Be gentle lad. Ease into it. Warm up and be nice to that body of yours. It's still doing you great service. The imagination is way ahead of the body usually. So try not to over-do. Take it from me.

As to the paintings, they actually are pretty decent. I could hammer you for not taking it farther. But it's a matter of how long you want to mess about with it.

I think you're getting less timid which is good. So you're putting in stronger color and values earlier on. Also you're turning out to be a wiz at detail.

But my suggestion would be to think in terms of the big picture first and get your values and colors working for you and then add details. I mean you can work detail areas like lace in a sort of loose value broad stroke kind of thing and then save some key details for the last? Dunno. You have to feel your way into it.

So:

1) Big Picture -- do your drawing copying, but establish your values and colors early on and just take the color it's going to end up and paint it in as it will ultimately get to rather than inching into it.

2) Work the detail in at first in stages, at first softly coming in with tone and then saving your really sharp detail for some key areas where the light hits it or it is aimed at you, and like that. The same attention to detail equally around oft times gets mechanical.

But if you're doing a straight copy, where the original artist had lots of details, go ahead and copy it like that if you're going for a copy. But look at the source pic with an eye for the values and relationships throughout.

Hope that's not too much to digest with all my talking away. But the idea is very simple.

GO MAN GO!!!!!! And Feel Better!

POSEDRAWSKI! y ˇVaya con PAINLESS GAIN!

Last edited by D Akey; 07-28-2015 at 02:51 AM.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Quote Originally Posted by eighty+ View Post

Keep your chin up Mr Ploos, I'm struggling with the big C and COPD and some days are bad but some days are good and that's what I try to remember

Hail O Caesar O Mighty One thanks for replying so quick and yes I did think U would prefer the lady having such a well trained Eye (eye eye)

Hi Cap'n Mac thanks there's a helluva wind gusting at the moment but not raining yet so I don't think I be doing much walking today but I can skoot around on my swivle chair

which has Wheel's ( roller Balls ) Ok Yes I do think I should take more time,o just a thouht or have 3 going at the same time then U could drift from 1 to the other OK Just a

Thought as far as your comments go brain is confused but says thanks but he will just plod on making Cockups in his usaul way Ok CIAO to U Both

STATTE BBUONO ..Si.........Si ............SLAINTE........KIA ORA ........HOO ROO.......SHAINTE Jainkaing ZIA Jain ............POZDRAWSKI

Quote Originally Posted by justjean View Post
    Keep your chin up Mr Ploos, I'm struggling with the big C and COPD and some days are bad but some days are good and that's what I try to remember
    Awfully sad to hear it Jean. I had to look the initials up because we people have such a vast array of maladies available to us. Yours sounds less than pleasant.

Well one would never know it from the stiff upper lip. I always thought it was cause the winter was as perpetual as dog sledding up there and your lip was frozen. But now I see it's all character. Good on ye.

You stay fit as well. . . the both of yuz.