Page 962 of 1672 FirstFirst ... 462862912952960961962963964972101210621462 ... LastLast
Results 9,611 to 9,620 of 16718

Thread: Bus sketch'es 1.2.3.4.5.

dear eighty+, all I can say is WOW you have taken these classic pieces and made them into your own style and they are very successful paintings in their own right. VERY IMPRESSIVE !...

There was a book title about the 1500s and it was called "A World Lit by Fire". This one is still of that vintage in the 1800s where they were yet to get electric light. You have a firelight feel to this, and those people are lucky to have something to eat. I never could figure whether Van Gogh was painting the dignity of the common man, which was a relatively new concept at the time, or whether it was showing the misery of the peasants and those spending their lives at toil in relative servitude and poverty. There's not a heck of a lot of humor to be gleaned within Vincent's paintings in general, though they can be magnificent. This one's a powerful image.

And you gave it power. That ye did Mr Ploos. Good one. Here now, pull up a spud and make yourself t'home.

"Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Hi GXHpainter thanks for your kind comments pleased that you like them and I think Van Gogh would be chuffed as well

Hi Cap'n Mac yes Van Gogh in this one reminds me of Dicken's and the matchstick Girl still a lot to do thou might take another 2 sittings ok

To You Both CIAO IVAYA CON DIOS SLAINTE HOO ROO ............POZDRAWSKI

I like Your new ones! Greeting to Giuseppe Verdi, but I would be glad to ccome with You to the picnic with M. Renoir! Certainly better food than eating just potatoes with Van Gogh, isn't it? LOL
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

Hail O Crasar O Mighty One Yeah we all would like to Picnic With Renoir's Girl's but at the Moment I'm a Potatoe eater Myself as the Mother hubbard is Bare

may be thats why I've picked Van Gogh's Potatoe's Eater's to dine with OK CIAO its a bit Murky Weatherwise today as its a Bank Holiday

OK CIAO Don't work to hard IVAYA CON DIOS STATTE BBUONO...Si......Si SLAINTE ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,POZDRAWSKI
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Van  Gogh     The  Potatoe's   Eaters     FINN  FINN.jpg 
Views:	168 
Size:	251.0 KB 
ID:	86431  

Hail O Caesar O Mighty One Thanks for putting a name to a Face as I didn't know who he was when painting him I had to go Google to find out what you

were Talking about Jeeze The great Italien Composer Guiseppe Verdi OK thanks

hi ok I should be in Bed got carried away watching final of the Snooker and then the German Football the on Tv How its made showing a chap making a Glass Jug

by hand and it was quiet good to see how it ws done ok Ciao IVAYA CON DIOS HOO ROO SLAINTE..............POZDRAWSKI

Name:	Tiziano  Vecellio     FINN.jpg 
Views:	171 
Size:	72.6 KB 
ID:	86438  

Now there's a snooker player if ever there was. . .

Yeah, glass blowing and all the other manipulations of glass are absolutely fascinating.
    When I was in Venice I never made it over to the island to check out the Morano Glass (I think it was called. World class stuff I heard.)

Sounds as if you had a full day. Now it's time to fill the larder. But keep the spuds out of the sunlight or they'll go green on ye. And that won't do at all.

Good job. Speaking of Italy, I guess Caesar came back. All you had to do to get him to come back was wave about a picture of that famous Scot lad, Giuseppe MacVerdi, and he comes a runnin' through the glen.

PoseDrawSki! y ˇVaya con Snooker Doodles!

"Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Hi lost control of my pen's today the point of contact was 5" to the left I kept doing a restart but no joy, ok got them all going later

CIAO IVAYA CON DIOS HOO ROO SLAINTE

Name:	Titian  2      Starter.jpg 
Views:	165 
Size:	147.1 KB 
ID:	86441  

It is so beautiful!