Page 933 of 1672 FirstFirst ... 43383388392393193293393493594398310331433 ... LastLast
Results 9,321 to 9,330 of 16718

Thread: Bus sketch'es 1.2.3.4.5.

Hi Sir Ploos!

Interesting to see how you go about it! Pretty cool WIP you're preparing, of the Ronnie Wood "What Price Tickets".

As seen below, where the other piece on the left is "Electric Horses", with gold glitter silhouettes in the foreground.

I never knew he was a painter, even before he was a Stone.

image is from this webpage:
    http://www.janetcharltonshollywood.c...ry/art/page/2/

Name:  94167PCN_Ronnie04cut.jpg
Views: 255
Size:  52.3 KB

After finding that one, I had a good view (clear quality images, as seen below) of more of his work here:

http://silverkgallery.com.au/rock-n-...nie-woods-art/

Vaya con rock'n'paintroller!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ronnie-wood-what-price-tickets-web.jpg 
Views:	180 
Size:	306.9 KB 
ID:	85705

Hi Rachelle corr Blimey Thanks I've saved it as its a better copy then mine I #m working on the

middle Section at the moment but it looks as if I've got to go back to mick the Jagg as in your copy I

can see there Faces as in mine not clear attall I had decided to do it in 3 sections as I thought it

be too much to do but now I can see it so clear I'm having 2nd Thoughts ok Thanks again Rachelle

CIAO IVAYA CON DIOS SLAINTE ............POZDRAWSKI

A lot of the big rock musicians from England of that vintage and for a while later came from visual art schools, didn't they. I think you need to get yourself a guitar next, Mr Ploos.

Interesting that his work caught your eye as the Ploos Boos was touring the land. Many of the painters who moved into music, you don't hear about their paintings so much.
    Last edited by D Akey; 03-03-2015 at 05:25 AM.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Dear ATPlus, it looks like our team players enjoyed very much haggis in Edimburgh while possibly delivering there a nice 6-nations wooden spoon .... After all we play local pipes here too in some places and have some traditional recipes based on the same stuff than haggis, so they felt quite comfortable over there, although we left skirts for men since well over a millennium ago ... LOL
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

Hi Cap'n Mac Thanks yes I've been thining about Buying a Geetar so I could Pratice in

My spare time when I'm not drawing or Sleeping what should I get orignal or Electic??????

Hail O Caesar O Mighty ONE Sorry missed out what happy lot got the Honour of the Spoon

See Egland got a tousing from the Irish as they say in Ireland SLAINTE

Just tried A tartup on Mick the JAgg now Rachelle sent me a clearer Picture ok CIAO

To U Both STATTE BBUONO Si SI ......HOO ROO ........POZDRAWSKI
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	R. WOODS   M .Jagger   ok  Tartup    FINN.jpg 
Views:	186 
Size:	388.1 KB 
ID:	85711  

Electric or acoustic? Well, it all depends on what kind of music you like. Here are some general things to consider:

1) Steel String acoustic = hardest of all guitar kinds on the fingers but it's great for Pop singer songwriter style stuff, country, folk, bluegrass, rhythm, able to match the sounds you've heard if you like those styles, like, James Taylor or Cat Stevens and that whole crowd, plus you can do alternate tuning for Celtic or slide etc. Tunings like Open D or Open G etc are often easier to learn because it's very simplified yet sounds great. The Rolling Stones often used Open G, and Open E. . . maybe some other open tunings as well. But these tunings are not specific to acoustic or electric. One other thing, the acoustic is often more adaptable to solo instrument.

2) Acoustic Nylon string = Classical, Jazz, Bosa Nova, for a mellower sound. Very easy on the fingers, mellower, subtler more or less, frets are wider apart (fat fingers work easier for individual notes, but you stretch more your hand for the chords)

Both of those are easier on the neighbors' ears.

3) electric = the wide range of rock and jazz sounds, distortions, listen/practice on headphones (keeping it quiet in the wee hours). Need amplification. The difficulty on the fingers of these is somewhere in between steel and nylon strings. Consider the electric guitar like a steering wheel for the car. The real sound is often in the amplifier. More often one instrument in a band. You can play with backing tracks (the song without the guitar being played so you insert that part so what you're playing makes sense in context).

In all cases you can get light strings which make playing easier.

You can play any style on any guitar. It's just a matter of what sound you're after and what your finger dexterity is or can get to.

Sadly, I like all styles so I have bought a range of guitars. Someday I may settle in on "my thing", but it's all super fun if you can bear with the learning curve. But if you're like me, from the get go, I loved the sound of the strings in and of themselves, whether I was playing well or not. And that love of the sound kept me going until I actually gained some facility. It's awesome.

There are some good modestly priced guitars out there with all the stuff coming in that has a real brand name. But go to a guitar shop and play them until the guitar chooses you. Just be honest with yourself about what you want and get that or something better in that line.

Meantime, YouTube is a good place to hear and get reviews. You get what you pay for. But the pound goes a long way these days.

Go man GO!!!!!!!
    Last edited by D Akey; 03-03-2015 at 11:32 AM.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Hi Cap'n Mac THanks for the Geetar Info if I formed a Band could we call ourselves the Origenals

Ok Just FINN the middle Section should have done it last night but

got Dizzy with the B.Notes so went to bed got up this morning at about 11.30 am as I'm a early Riser

ok then looked at the painting and just bunged the notes were i felt ok CIAO IVAYA CON GEETAR

NOT forgetting Silas POZDRAWSKI :

Name:	The     Band  Rolling  Stones    by   R.  Wood      Middle  Section     FINN.jpg 
Views:	188 
Size:	250.2 KB 
ID:	85713  

ok felt like a doodle my trouble is I don't how ok so messed around with Ronnie as a bit of practice

ok CIAO IVAYA CON DIOS HOO ROO

Name:	Fun  one  pratice  R.W    FINN.jpg 
Views:	200 
Size:	119.5 KB 
ID:	85715  

Sure, we can be called the Originelles. But it also seems to me that we could be called Mr. Ploos and The Additions.

So how does it feel to be printing your own currency? Beware the Treasury Department. My experience is that they don't take too kindly to minting your own money - portrait of Her Royal Majesty, some former presidents or no.

Go man go!!!! ˇVaya con Fraser-Paice and take it on the lamb, Mugsy!

Hi Cap'n. Mac. It been one of those days. Got up late didn't feel like doing any thing play around

With the last one of Ronnie relized the head was to big but instead of wiping it off and starting afresh.

I just tarted up bits and piece sand that was my days effort ow yeah and dozing ok. CIAO HOO ROO