Page 922 of 1672 FirstFirst ... 42282287291292092192292392493297210221422 ... LastLast
Results 9,211 to 9,220 of 16718

Thread: Bus sketch'es 1.2.3.4.5.

Hail O Caesar. O Mighty One thanks. Yes I like. Fattori. Went on the Webb to view. Seem's. There

Was a lot of fighting going on at that time so things haven't changed much have they . Ok

CIAO. IVAYA. CON DIOS. HOO ROO

Wasn't it You the sitting guy resting on the beach? I mean when You was young and your beard not yet white. he looks reasonably alike and, after all, it must be no more than a century and half years old painting ... LOL:
    Glad you like Fattori. If he dared even more with stronger, bolder and even less realistic colors, like Zandomeneghi did instead, while still keeping most of his personal style, he wouldn't look much different or too far away from Gauguin I find, even if they didn't know each other, as far as I know.
    Last edited by Caesar; 02-13-2015 at 04:21 AM.
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

Hail O Mighty One Yeah could be in a Former life time should have stayed in the sun shine with a Campari on ice
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Federico  Zandomeneghi       Starter  No 1.jpg 
Views:	165 
Size:	145.4 KB 
ID:	85505  

Quote Originally Posted by eighty+ View Post
    Hi Adolf Friedrich Erdmann Menzel By Giovanni Boldini ok FINN IVAYA CON DIOS POZDRAWSKI
    As to the sitter:

From Wikipedia:
    ". . .Menzel spent most of his life in Berlin, and was, despite numerous friendships, by his own admission detached from others. It is likely that he felt socially estranged for physical reasons alone—Menzel had a large head, and stood about four foot six inches."

The scowl on the lad's mug in your painting and a photo they had in Wiki on him, sort of Wizard of Oz welcome. Looks like a character out of a Dickens novel. Gives me the willies just looking at his expression. Needless to say, the Germans loved him.

Nice batch of paintings. Looks like your Ploos Boos is touring Italia, Mr Ploos, what with the view through the windows and all.

Pose, Draw, See! (not necessarily in that order) e ˇVaya con Caesare!
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Hi. Cap'n Mac. Yeah was his eye's. I think hie left has a weak muscle nowadays they would

Just pop the eye out. And tighten the muscle Just the thought of it. Is enough to put U off

Boiled egg's. . . CIAO. IVAYA CON. POZDRAWSKI

Hi Had to go Shopping as had run out of food when I got Home I sat in the armchairand Dozed off ok

And just Watched the Cowboy in New York CIAO IVAYA CON DIOS POZDRAWSKI

Name:	Federico  Z.......       FINN.jpg 
Views:	167 
Size:	144.9 KB 
ID:	85509  

I see You feel quite comfortable with these paintings, maybe also due to the armchir and soft, warming hat ... So i'd hang a signboard here:
    KEEP SILENT! ARTIST AT WORK. DON'T TALK TO THE DRAWER.

Hail O Caear O Mighty One Like The Sign See I missed His watch Chain and the wall behined the Chair ?

I did put a Laughing Face on the Vase on the Mantelpiece to amuse You I might go back later to do his apple's OK

AT the moment I'm just going to start a Fattori when I'd like to Have ago at the one with the Cowboy's and all the

Cattle but might do the 2nd one of the Girl first as it looks Easy'er ok CIAO whats the weather like in Rome any good

IVAYA CON DIOS STATTE BBUONO.....Si............SI POZDRAWSKI

Here in Rome the weather's fine and mainly sunny, the temperature mild, dear friend. We already have flowers on all the mimosa trees, so that we may offer for free a nice yellow bunch to all the ladies around on March the 8th, the women feast! We recently had much snow, but mainly on the Alps and Appennines mountains and om the hills and northern plains, but generally not in Southern Italy, apart from the higher peaks.
    Have fun with Fattori then!

Hail O Caesar O Mighty One Thanks For the Weather Report was Hopeing that you had lots of Snow So there

would be less for us when it gets here I've done the GIRL but when drawing Made the face too large

so lost about the bottom 3" inches ok I might try to turn it if I can will gain it Ok but I've called it FINN

Just in case I make a cockup and lose it ok CIAO IVAYA CON DIOS STATTE BBUONO...Si....Si

Nice looking bird isn't She

Name:	Figliastra  Giovanni    Fattori      FINN.jpg 
Views:	161 
Size:	182.6 KB 
ID:	85516