Page 915 of 1672 FirstFirst ... 41581586590591391491591691792596510151415 ... LastLast
Results 9,141 to 9,150 of 16718

Thread: Bus sketch'es 1.2.3.4.5.

Hi Capn Mac what happened to artrage I couldn't get on had they gne to sleep sorry U had a Bug I thought The sunny climes was free of such things ok

Have a few POZDRAWSKI that will sort it out ok CIAO IVAYA CON DIOS SLAINTE
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Seen him  somewhere.jpg 
Views:	182 
Size:	108.1 KB 
ID:	85294  

You're travelling across conturies of great art in a quite confident way! What a marvellous carousel of images!
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

Hail O Caesar O Mighty One Thanks Yes I'm still trying have you any Suggestion's while I'm on the road

CIAO IVAYA CON DIOS STATTE BBUONO....Si. .........Si 1 POZDRAWSKI

Name:	Gypsy   Girl           Frans Hals       FINN.jpg 
Views:	180 
Size:	234.6 KB 
ID:	85297  

Hi I think its Frans Hals Himself when old ok CIAO IVAYA CON DIOS POZDRAWSKI

Name:	Frans   Hals         FINN.jpg 
Views:	175 
Size:	118.1 KB 
ID:	85299  

Hi Back to the Gods makes for a good drawing excercise ok CIAO IVAYA CON DIOS POZDRAWSKI

Name:	Venus          Starter     no 1.jpg 
Views:	169 
Size:	268.7 KB 
ID:	85300  

Ach, laddie! Ye been inta the Olympian heelands, from the look of their skin color! Yer quite right tho, the gods are great for anatomy. But I do no think they're actually marble white in the complexion department. Although in certain circles they take their paleness for granite.

Can't wait till ye give em some sun, which you'll probably need to research being as yer in Jolly Ol' Pip Pip Eh Wot in the dead o' winter. . . no so much sunlight to be referred to your ways I'll venture. Check oot some travel brochures to Greece, that's the ticket.

Go man go!!!!!!! Pozdrawsky! ˇVaya con vino! Prost, Skol, Cheers, Which Roo, and be well!
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Since You asked for, may I introduce You Maestro Lorenzo Lotto, one of the greatest painter and portrait masters ever?
    Guess when he was born, just to better appreciate his masterpieces ...
    I would attach a couple of galleries herebelow for Your posible interest to follow his footprints as an excercise.

Name:	Artista.jpg 
Views:	217 
Size:	166.5 KB 
ID:	85315   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Bernardo de' Rossi.jpg 
Views:	205 
Size:	340.4 KB 
ID:	85316   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SacraFamiglia.jpg 
Views:	176 
Size:	413.0 KB 
ID:	85319   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Giovane uomo.jpg 
Views:	220 
Size:	61.3 KB 
ID:	85318  

Another batch? Lotto In Italian means a production "batch" or a "plot" of land ...
    Here a few more ...

Name:	Lucrezia.jpg 
Views:	179 
Size:	127.7 KB 
ID:	85320   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Lucina Brembati.jpg 
Views:	181 
Size:	346.8 KB 
ID:	85321   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RitrattoLotto.jpg 
Views:	174 
Size:	114.3 KB 
ID:	85322   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Triplice ritratto orefice.jpg 
Views:	171 
Size:	342.9 KB 
ID:	85323  

Hi Capn Mac yeah I wished I'd left them as White GraniteasI made a Right Pig's ear of them I should have gone to Spec Saver's CIAO HOO ROO IVAYA CON DIOS POZDRAWSKI

Hail O Caesar O Mighty One Mucho Grats for Lorenso Lotto I see he was Born in Venice in ITaly 1480 I am Supprised ;) :D :Dok I will have a go now I finished Venus supprised

By a Mortal I was Supprised My self as he looks if he's 10ft Tall ;):D:D:D but I'm not happy with the outcome a right Mess but I will bash on Regardless ok CIAO IVAYA CON DIOS

STATTE BBUONO ... Si..... SI ................POZDRAWSKI

Name:	Venus         FINN.jpg 
Views:	197 
Size:	250.7 KB 
ID:	85325  

Interesting. Out here "Lotto" is short for "Lottery" which is sort of what they do to pick the numbers -- a batch of balls with numbers on them.

Funny though, you really have to wonder sometimes whether they got their name based on their occupation.

Ol' Lorenzo sounds like he had a sizable shop and really cranked the Mannerist paintings out. But if it was a family name could be that papa probably cranked out the bambini. Or maybe they just won the Ultra Mega Power Lotto Lottery. But history has receded into the fog of time. But the paintings remain and for that we are grateful indeed. I really like his work. I always found the Mannerists very intriguing, except for the occasional giraffe neck on the Madonna. Not offensive, but rather emblematic of the style in extremity. They really had textures of fabrics and jewelry and skin and all that down. Always making a show of things that are important to the sitter.

Of course I'm very much wondering about the cataloging of personal interests for that one chap in the painting and the symbolism of the headless nude male statue just over his shoulder. Love his gesture. Sort of reminds me of the first recorded "Ta-DA!" finale pose at the end of the dance, or the precursor to those fruit crate labels with the girl carrying a brimming basket of grapes.

Great offerings for Mr Ploos and the rest of us, Caesar. Very cool. And it reminds me, I have to go buy a couple Lotto tickets.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream