Page 901 of 1672 FirstFirst ... 40180185189189990090190290391195110011401 ... LastLast
Results 9,001 to 9,010 of 16718

Thread: Bus sketch'es 1.2.3.4.5.

Hi Isaac Finn OK Time for a bite to eat CIAO POZDRAWSKI
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Frans Hal      Isaac     abraham  MassaI          FINN.jpg 
Views:	223 
Size:	192.3 KB 
ID:	84876  

Hoi there!

Yeah, this fellow, owing to the picture in the background and him holding holly, he looks like he's telling us what he's about, and I don't think it's cornflakes. Do you reckon he has holdings in the New World which is where so many of his homeboys were making their money at that time (I think).

Be that as it may, it's a dandy painting, Meener Van Ploos. You are getting the forms pretty nice. Is that jolly holly he's got a sprig of? A Christmasy kind of theme.

Good one lad! Yer doon greaat, oh aye. Dag! (bye!)

Posedrawski! and ˇVaya con one very starched collar!
    Last edited by D Akey; 12-28-2014 at 10:18 AM.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Hi Cap'n Mac when U say the New World do you mean New Amsterdam ??? : CIAO OZDRAWSKI

Name:	Frans  HaL      STARTER        No 1.jpg 
Views:	181 
Size:	161.8 KB 
ID:	84878  

Oh aye, New Amsterdam it is. . .I mean it was, until the English took over and the locals decided they weren't about to fight, but would rather just tell the governor to go away and they would keep on with their business rather than have the whole joint razed. And so New York was launched -- you can tell by the celebratory mascara on the lad with the bib that they were starting to take a walk on the wild side. . . Welcome to New York!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qEYyQIIGQcc
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Hi Cap'n Mac I see the New world ?? has the same Bad Habits as The Old World just show's yuh things never change just The Name's POZDRAWSKI

Hi Here's Laughing Boy ok CIAO POZDRAWSKI

Name:	Frans  HaI   Laughing   CavaIier       FINN.jpg 
Views:	193 
Size:	279.2 KB 
ID:	84899  

Holy mackerel! Look at that detail in the jacket! Really great textures. If the Dutch boys had anything that stood out about their look in paintings, it was their fixation on textures and in fabrics. This nails it. Good patience. Paid great dividends. There was a comedian in US radio back before TV who had a cascading silly signature laugh. His name was The Great Gildersleeve. And those sleeves look like they're worth a passel o' gilders.

This pose in this link of the actor sort of gets into a similar vibe as all those portraits of "How prosperous am I?" And you hear his laugh at the very beginning. It's a whole show, but I remember that laugh as a kid thinking he sounded a little like a stylized cartoon goose (which was a line of shoes he promoted doing the voice for the goose). You don't need to listen past the laugh if you don't want. But I couldn't find a sound byte of just his laugh.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z9mvwvwL5pI

But this is remarkable and you should be really proud of it. He even looks better in the region of the mascara. Looks like he's ready for his day job.

Posdrawski! y ˇVaya con dios! e Ciao!

I love your updates Eighty+....all the best in 2015....

Hi Cap'n Mac yeah I nearly went Bald no wonder He's Laughing made me .....through the eye of a Needle:eek

ok had a quick 1min with Gilder Sleeves but will look again Later ok

Hi Ken Thanks ........To you Both Happy NEW YEAR 2015 + POZDRAWSKI

Hi Think its a Frans Hal but not sure ok CIAO POZDRAWSKI

Name:	FRANS   HAL   THINK     STARTER  NO  1.jpg 
Views:	197 
Size:	197.7 KB 
ID:	84906