Page 866 of 1672 FirstFirst ... 3667668168568648658668678688769169661366 ... LastLast
Results 8,651 to 8,660 of 16718

Thread: Bus sketch'es 1.2.3.4.5.

Blimey Mac she's young there. Befor she got To Yankeeland you reckon ???

Quote Originally Posted by eighty+ View Post
    Blimey Mac she's young there. Befor she got To Yankeeland you reckon ???
    It's a still from "The Scarlett Empress" released in 1934. Which would make her around 32-33 years old in that shot. It's from Paramount Studios. I think she left Germany around 1930 after the release of The Blue Angel which was shot in Germany - and it was her big movie breakthrough as an international sensation.

She then left her husband and daughter in Europe and went with the Blue Angel's director, with whom she had a famous affair, to work in the USA. And the rest of her fame is all from her charisma and some smart choices. She sort of set the model for many starlet divas who followed.

All this was before my time to get swept up, but through the magic of the internet, all this history is available at the touch of a button. It's amazing what one can trip over wandering around the net. It's like a world class stream of consciousness the way they have it set up. Fun stuff, Mr Ploos!

"Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Love your work eighty+. I especially like Dr Who.

Thanks Vandra yeah Dr Who seen's to have worked his Majic wish he would help with my Spelling thou

Thanks Cap'n Mac yeah I spent a good hour reading her life Story

Sorry its taken me so long to finished Egon's Self Portrait bot Football is the name of the game on saturdays ok

and sunday's is F1 to see how Hamilton is doing nt to good at the moment
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Seated Nude Male  Right hand Outstrectched     FINN.jpg 
Views:	145 
Size:	151.7 KB 
ID:	83989  

Hi found the name ok ACT with green stocking's !! KIA ORA POZDRAWSKI

Name:	Egon Schiele  Painting.jpg 
Views:	152 
Size:	145.1 KB 
ID:	83995  

I really like what you've done with the headless horseman relaxing at home, and his wife making dinner. I mean this is Really Schiele. I love these.

Go man go!
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

hi Cap'n Mac I don't Know if you have Noticed but I'm Sketching them Loose for speed as there's so many to do ok

is the ok ??? CIAO POZDRAWSKI

Hi A quick Sketch ok CIAO POZDRAWSKI

Name:	Girl looking at her breast   Egon  Schiele  My Copy.jpg 
Views:	176 
Size:	132.0 KB 
ID:	84003  

It's absolutely okay, Mr Ploos. This kind of style is mostly intuitive and then you figure your next moves by looking at the stuff you previously did rather than over-thinking it as you go. I mean, considering as you go could work too if you're breaking out of the box, and maybe trying to figure out what he did and how he came to it. But free is very good and possibly essential to his style.

A lot is "Hey, I wonder what would happen if I made this mark here this way. . ." And you do it and see. And you do enough of those kinds of marks and you aren't shooting in the dark so much. And once you get the idea of what happens if you do the mark this way, you can vary it endlessly to mostly good effect.

In your case you have both the advantage of copying his footsteps, so you sort of know where it leads and what you ultimately want to get. Also you have the advantage of the [Undo] button which he certainly did not have but wishes he did (a thought common to every other artist out there throughout history).

But back to your question, a resounding 'Yes!' In fact if you were tight and careful you could well miss the mark because that wasn't his way either. I mean he wasn't totally reckless, so some thought is a plus, but not too much. Feel it and enjoy the ride.

Go man go!!!!!!!
    Last edited by D Akey; 11-03-2014 at 11:04 AM.

Thanks Cap'n Mac I thought you would understand ok CIAO POZDRAWSKI