Page 813 of 1672 FirstFirst ... 3137137638038118128138148158238639131313 ... LastLast
Results 8,121 to 8,130 of 16718

Thread: Bus sketch'es 1.2.3.4.5.

Quote Originally Posted by eighty+ View Post
    Hi Andy Where did you go Spain how did you get on with the Grid ?? any good CIAO STATTE BBUONU SI
    I do love Spain (many years ago I went to the beautiful Barcelona visiting Dali's mastepieces) but my second home is in Liguria so I spent some time there. I found the grid very useful to get the exact proportions right away, but it is a double edge sword, it surely adds fidelity to the painting but it also subtracts some of your own touch, which is very very bad. I prefer using a two monitor setup to tranlate a picture (or another painting) into Artrage, but since this summer I only had my laptop where I'm forced to zoom in frequently with the risk of losing the whole perspective I used the grid function. CIAO Nice lady in blue
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/andreamgart

That's what art's about, isn't it -- at some point it's about the relationship between the art and the viewer, sort of like speed dating. (D Akey)

Hi Andy Looked it up Liguria its just down the road from you the beach'es look good if i was 60 younger I would be laying
    on the beach wth a large Americano with lots of ice and slices of lemon watching all the bird's go Bye to hell with Sketching
    as I've got plenty of time now I'm (older) !!! CIAO yea h I had a quick at your stuff but didn't Stop will go back Tomorrow ok
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Red Sky in the Morning Shepards warning    1.jpg 
Views:	172 
Size:	213.0 KB 
ID:	82798  

yeah well the 18th draws closer CIAO POZDRAWSKI

Name:	QUEEN.   ANNE.jpg 
Views:	190 
Size:	219.4 KB 
ID:	82802  

hi M. Li epke Copy POZDRAWSKI

Name:	M. Liepke   copy  3    FINN.jpg 
Views:	181 
Size:	61.0 KB 
ID:	82805  

Woah! Talk about a curve ball going from one to the next -- makes me wonder whether this brunette is super hot or was she queued up in line before Queen Anne and got the chop first. I'm going with her having an ecstatic moment. . . as they do. So ye kin do 'sexay' lad? Ain't forgot how they do then, all Mediterranean an' all? Nice plumage on that bird, I dare say. . . all sweaty like. . . PHEW!!!!!! Go man Go Go GO!!!!!!!!!
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Hi Eighty....You've done another fantastic M.Liepke copy, this one is a favorite of mine....Great job Eighty!
    Absolutely captured that look of 'something very pleasant on her mind'...'Ehhh, very pleasant'!
    Take care friend,
    Steve

Hi Cap'n Mac thanks for Mort Drucker two months older the me will try some as will be good drawing practice when I've had my cornflakes ok as I

got up this morning but went back into bed I've just looked at time 9oc pm I did wonder why it was so Dark CIAO POZDRAWSKI

Hi Steve ....Mac it looks as if she has got you both Excited What if I told she was singing in the local Church Choir

Name:	thinking.   Mort.jpg 
Views:	179 
Size:	386.1 KB 
ID:	82810  

Hello dear eighty, love your last paintings, how have you been doing, hope your weather is good too you, we will finally be going back to North Carolina, will still have to come back here every few weeks but it will be worth it to finally have our own home again, it has been a year and half that we have been in mother-in-laws house, never has felt like home, she doesn't like changes and cant really blame her as she lived here for over 50 yrs, well take care dear friend, talk soon

Hello Pat Good to hear your ok has it been a year 11/2 only seem's like yesturday is mum in a nurseing home

now to be looked after ?? and your back to Carolina where the weather Warmer She must Be

about my Age ok CIAO SLAINTE POZDRAWSKI

Name:	Mort  Drucker  Copy  not his  Word's      sorry  Mort.png1.jpg 
Views:	182 
Size:	117.9 KB 
ID:	82817  

Bleedin' 'ell. . . what an amazing drawing Mr Ploos!!!!! I think you're onto something.

There's another bloke who's very famous, but not nearly as much to my tastes, but he was brilliant and a huge name in caricaturing. . . Al Hirschfeld. In his later years he had a big ol' white beard, so you might think he were stealin' yer style. Not sure if he sketched on busses tho. So you may have that market secured.

Hirschfeld was a lot more exaggerated, lyrical and designer-esque, but he somehow nailed the resemblance in the doggonedest ways. Loads of fun and surprises.

But I'm still a Mort Drucker fan to the bone. I love how he could tell stories in the most irreverent, silliest ways. And his drawings made me crazy trying to emulate him, which I did as a kid quite a bit.

Either artist is a gem.

But the thing that blows my mind is YOU really nailed it. Go Man Go!!!! You're Mad in the Magazine, Mr Ploos!
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream