Page 550 of 1672 FirstFirst ... 5045050054054854955055155256060065010501550 ... LastLast
Results 5,491 to 5,500 of 16718

Thread: Bus sketch'es 1.2.3.4.5.

yeah makes yuh feel seasick Captn Blood and all that SLAINTE
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Seascape      Boudin   2.jpg 
Views:	208 
Size:	80.5 KB 
ID:	76161  

Hi Mac you ok 3 things entered ma boonze no1 too much boose feeling sick no2 out fighting fires no3 The Godpher's

have taken over with help from thier friend the randy cocker doodle doo S LAINTE

Never thought of you as a seafaring man eighty, nicely done.
    Geoff

HI Geoff that Bugger Boudin naff make me sweat . only when i was on a troopship I'd prefer to lay under the Birch tree's half asleep with

a fishing rod in my hand of coarse the odd bottle of Bino yeah the wife liked a drop rough wine thats why she put up with me all those year's ; )

when I was painting that seascape had to keep looking over my shoulder as thought Captn Jacktar might come and give me a punch up the Bracket

ok hope allswell up your end SLAINTE

Name:	Birches      Boudin.jpg 
Views:	178 
Size:	104.6 KB 
ID:	76163  

Hi everybody's down on the Beach Sept the old Dodger ok SLAINTE

Name:	On the Beach     Wot no B.B.Q       Boudin.jpg 
Views:	189 
Size:	63.3 KB 
ID:	76168  

Hi quick sketch Boudin I think ok SLAINTE
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by eighty+ View Post
    Hi MAC don't think of me as an arsehole but I'm still what intrigue's me is when is a painting a painting and when is it a drawing

and when is a drawing a painting ?? ok as Ethel want's to no wether she's a drawing or a painting ?? I've told her that I haven't a Clue

ok don't drink to many Moon River's SLAINTE

Hahah. Was away at a conference though. The gophers had the weekend off from my scrutiny, but I see from the little mounds of dirt that they remained quite industrious. . . and the trap's goin oot tomorrow. Freakin' 94 is all but it feels hotter and it's supposed to go up to 102 today and to get hotter this week.

When is it a painting and when a drawing? It's not quite the question regarding my comment (at least not how I intended it to mean). I was making a comment more about two different kinds of painting styles in Renaissance times and I suppose afterwards as well since they were influenced by their predecessors.

(Edited down a lot from the previous explanation that was perhaps a little too much about historical context and such. So here's an essential look at what I was saying

1) A linear artist is more focused on the information being accurate (eg. the angel came to visit Mary, so we would want to see all the feathers and hairs with specific garments with clear folds and the room and the stuff in the room and and all that detail.)

2)the tonal painters were more focused on lighting and how it defined volume. And they would have parts of the object disappearing into shadow and so forth for drama. (eg. recluse Mary Magdeline is in the cave contemplating God or whatever and the room is lit by a single candle. The play of the light and shadow is largely what makes that kind of painting work (also check out the Sistine Chapel for the volumetric sculptural quality).)

And of course there is no sharp dividing line between the styles and some artists straddled both camps in the same paintings in order to get different effects.

Hope this helps a little.
    Last edited by D Akey; 07-09-2013 at 11:17 AM.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Hi. Mac. Pleased your ok. But you didn't. Have to get your. Knickers in a twist as you should
    Realise I'm. Just an old. Bogger trying to understand what it's all about. Being a late starter who
    Only. Found out how to draw by accident ok. I have read your break down and I can vaugly follow it
    But haven't a clue how to put it into pratice as you know I only do copy work. Saved me having to
    Think. And gives me pratice. My bus sketches are the only thing I can call my own work but don't
    Get out so much lately. but thanks to you I started painting direct with the oil brush what I do
    Now is to put my IPad on an easel beside my Wacom so can paint the picture that's on the IPad the last
    Few I've painted like that it's harder to do but I'm getting used to it ok. You can have a moon river
    Now I won't bore you with my. Yuk. . SLAINTE

Nay, laddie, just never you mind aboot not being to tha studio born (or some such rubbish). I don't know that what I wrote should have been taken as a suggestion about how to paint particularly. I was just takin' note out loud about what it looked like the street you were headin' doon.

I was just doon a little jig in an heat wave and got all delirious. Pavement's too hot for me feet and I need to dance me brain aboot like a drop o' water on a hot skillet ta keep it from goin' all poached like an egg.

I do have a suggestion you can use tho. When ye take on a painting to copy, really match the values (ie the lights and darks). Match em as near as ye can throughout the whole canvas. There's an old adage: If your values are good, the color doesn't matter.

In other words you'll have a solid painting if your darks are dark and your mid range is all there and your lights are as light as they should be and placed proper.

Paint on Mac Duff!!!!! I mean GO CAT GO!!!!!! (Cause Mr. Ploos won't need ta kick ye no more once 'e's got 'is values nailed doon.)
    Last edited by D Akey; 07-09-2013 at 12:25 PM.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Hi Mac Keep Cool Don't Let The Bugger's Get You Down Yeah OK SLAINTE

Name:	Keep. Cool  Mac.jpg 
Views:	214 
Size:	327.2 KB 
ID:	76171