Page 521 of 1672 FirstFirst ... 2142147151151952052152252353157162110211521 ... LastLast
Results 5,201 to 5,210 of 16718

Thread: Bus sketch'es 1.2.3.4.5.

Mac. I'm. Still laughing. Guide on yuh mon

Well, you started it, laddie. All your doing. . . If you hadn't posed as the white bearded bloke in the sky, and Caesar as the clay guy, where would old Michelangelo be, what would be done instead, eh?

Good way to spend your Roman Holiday back in 1512 (a little over 500 years ago). . . I can hear old Michelangelo saying as you were posing: "Right, now let's do a silly one". . .
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

hi Raphael starter's no 3 ok thought I was going to finish tonight but no joy SLAINTE STATTE BBONNE Si Si KUAI Le. SHENTI Jainkang
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Raphael         STARTER'S    No   3.jpg 
Views:	172 
Size:	143.3 KB 
ID:	75644  

Hi Raphael FIN I think
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Raphael         FIN.jpg 
Views:	160 
Size:	146.3 KB 
ID:	75647  

Nicely done eighty, I like this last painting so well done.
    Take care.
    Geoff
    Last edited by limey-g; 05-23-2013 at 10:46 AM.

Your Ascension couldn't be more adherent and still original with reference to the classical one, dear ATPlus! Congrats! Just a pity new churches tend to have no more domes and chapels for You to paint on! LOL
    I noticed D Akey reported appropriately on Your trip in Rome for both the formidable idea of our brush duel, but also for the decency he had covering my pudenda (although he may have well implied them elseway by showing our crossing brushes!) LOL
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

Hoot lad, you're to be transfigured in certain circles as Sir Ralph Fellow, the British dub of Rafaello.

What a marvel you've created. Amazing detail and expressions all over the place.
    It's as if you're sayin': "The bus stops here. . . now check oot me sketches."

I think that may well have been what some of the old artists done - gone oot an' sketched, later to use them in their paintin's. . . that is until the muckety mucks got wind of these group shots and put their mistresses and sooch like in as a lark.

I particularly like all the blokes pointin' to tha girl what's doin' a "Hallelujah" in the lower right. The mind boggles as to what they're sayin' among themselves aboot 'er.

Anyway, fine work lad. Yer royally coverin' all the bases wif yer soobjects.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Quote Originally Posted by Caesar View Post
    I noticed D Akey reported appropriately on Your trip in Rome for both the formidable idea of our brush duel, but also for the decency he had covering my pudenda (although he may have well implied them elseway by showing our crossing brushes!) LOL
    Yes, well, I wanted to put the image in Mr Ploos' thread, and since I was fresh out of fig leaves, I used text -- great BIG text as a way of compensating for Michelangelo's uncharacteristic depiction of small hands and feet and what not, which is the direct opposite of the heroic scale he employed in his sculptures of his action figures like David.

I wonder if this was a symbolic comment about the clerics -- being powerful as a collective, but not individually strong or virile. I wouldn't put it passed him to have been making comment this way. But at this point in the story, Eve had not yet arrived on the scene, so that could have changed things in later murals.

And yes, Caesar your brush has a wood handle in this picture.
    Last edited by D Akey; 05-23-2013 at 07:09 AM.

Wowwww...Eighty, you deserve huge applause of mankind, admiration of the young ones and all the kindness the future can give.... this is the outstanding result of your talent a patience you created this picture with....Love everything in this pic and i admire everybody who can draw or paint crowds of people so....what else is to say here? Bravo...!!!!!

Many more beautiful paintings and sketches you have did recently. I really like them. And, haha, you, Caesar and Dakey made me laughing of those images and jokes Kuai le. SHENTI. Jainkang