Page 440 of 1672 FirstFirst ... 3403904304384394404414424504905409401440 ... LastLast
Results 4,391 to 4,400 of 16718

Thread: Bus sketch'es 1.2.3.4.5.

Hi Sandra Cats and Frogs surely you must mean Frogs and Toads

Hi Mac I'm in good company then

..........Hi Lindy my try at your Peaches think I haven't put enough curve on the right side of the bowl see what you think ?? SLAINTE STATTE BBONE Si Si
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	............PEACHES.jpg 
Views:	178 
Size:	78.4 KB 
ID:	72956  

Quote Originally Posted by eighty+ View Post
    Hi Sandra Cats and Frogs surely you must mean Frogs and Toads

Hi Mac I'm in good company then
    how about cats and dogs

You are a busy man Mr 80+, glad you were able to correct your landscape it's looking good as are the peaches

Hard to see differences on this fruits! Bravo.
    As for the hunting painting, I'm not aware of any copy by Brueghel of the one in Vienna. It wasn't unusual for great masters to paint copies of their most successful compositions, generally with minor changes, at least for the ones having famous labs and a few pupils, some of whom often becoming great masters themselves, but it wasn't apparently the case, even if Brueghels' omonymous son became a master painter too.
    Actually I didn't find it anywhere in the site of the institution You indicated, although some paintings, mostly by Brueghle's two sons are in the Sussex premises.
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

Quote Originally Posted by eighty+ View Post
    ..........Hi Lindy my try at your Peaches think I haven't put enough curve on the right side of the bowl see what you think ?? SLAINTE STATTE BBONE Si Si
    Hi,
    i love your color choices! Nice and happy! Regarding the bowl: it's not the curve on the right. The bowl appears to lean left which makes the curve look not quite right...optical illusion I think. I've attached your image with a possible fix. Hope this helps. Very flattered that you chose my work to emulate!

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	175 
Size:	188.6 KB 
ID:	72957  

Hail. O. Caesar. O. Mighty. One. It looks as if I've. Really confused. You. As the.

Artist. Of the picture. Is David. Tenniers. The. Younger Not any of the. Brueghel's

Ok. The pic at Petworth House Sussex. Is The Gallery of the Archduke Leopoldo - Wilhelm. Ok

Hi. Thanks. Lindy. For your suggestion's. But. 1st. I smash. The right curve. Which I

Thought. Was the problem. May have to reset. The base to balance ok. If no joy

I'm. In. Your. Hands. Ok. SLAINTE.......STATTE. BBONE. Si. Si

Hi Lindy !st attempt ok smashed the right side , think I've sorted the base ? then got carried away ?? Quelle Colour ok see what think this time ( Please )

Name:	............PEACHES  2.jpg 
Views:	174 
Size:	82.2 KB 
ID:	72967  

hi take Your Pick SLAINTE STATTE BBONE Si Si

Name:	............PEACHES   3.jpg 
Views:	206 
Size:	85.3 KB 
ID:	72972  

hi tried a water colour A rough copy mine By Mary Whyte..........SLAINTE...........STATTE BBONE Si Si

Name:	...........LOVERS.jpg 
Views:	181 
Size:	125.6 KB 
ID:	72989  

Assuming you were trying to get it to look like traditional watercolor (not sure if you were aiming that direction), you might want to exploit the puddled wet into wet washyness.

I think one of the things that make watercolor look distinctly watercolor is to exploit transparency through washes that show some strokes combined with the colors bleeding into one another in places giving it a wee bit more of a happy accidental quality where the pigment has a specific relation to the paper tooth and wet into wet where the paint was pushed into the wet areas etc. Hard to describe simply because there are too many variations of marks. But if you look at certain examples you would know what I'm talking about.

So looking at the differences of character in your painting, your background yellow is flat and opaque. The looks of flat almost mechanical perfected opaque yellow background versus the looser transparent nature of watercolor which breathes, it makes them feel a little too unrelated in style. Just my opinion mind you. It's a mixed media look that never floated my boat, though some people probably would choose it. It's just that watercolor can be unbelievably gorgeous in its natural process and doesn't need to go to another medium.

But I really can appreciate what you were getting at thematically in this picture. I'm just making an observation about the nature of the paint on the page.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream