Page 263 of 1672 FirstFirst ... 1632132532612622632642652733133637631263 ... LastLast
Results 2,621 to 2,630 of 16718

Thread: Bus sketch'es 1.2.3.4.5.

I have to agree with the general concensus on these recent pencil sketch portraits. They're really very good. It's like you broke through some wall, as these are at a whole new level. Expressive, nice pencil work, good depth, nice control. These are very good, IMO.

Hey Mac. Give the mouse some cheddar they like it when it's dry as ite good for the teeth . Yep I like it the touch'es of white gives it crackle but looking
    At the charcoal one it's the same one trust me to make a cock up
    Ok. Will send the charcoal as soon as I've finished my coffee. Ok

Katie Katie Coops. Sorry.

Hi Steve blame Mac he helped me over the wall then run in case I got caught

Hi Mac Charcoal I Think won't no till I see it
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	scan0011.jpg 
Views:	215 
Size:	482.4 KB 
ID:	65997  

yeah that's it I can see all the charcoal dust ok

Hahah. I used YOUR drawing, Mr Ploos. Just did some computer stuff to muck the colors aboot.

Charcoal is great. And you did a really good job on the drawing I must say. Good rhythm to the hair. Has a bit of a 1930s stylization that was big here in Depression Era -- dignity of the working man in hard times sort of vibe. The marks are dark and bold, which implies strong character.

So you needn't use any more than ya done. It's perfect as is without the highlights.

Don't forget you can also make lots of varied marks when and if it suits you. Charcoal is very flexible.

Another thing you can do, if you haven't tried it, is you can tone your paper with a smudging of charcoal rubbed over it before you do the drawing. That gives you a mid range. And as a way to do the highlights, you can take a kneaded eraser and pull out highlights with it. The neat thing about kneaded erasers is that they can be shaped to erase broadly or sharp.

Go + GO GO GO!!!!!!!
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Hi Mac there's me in a tizz-was thinking I had made a cock up and it was you.

Arseolling around how did you make it pink ok. Ok. Don't tell me as

brain Is all ready talking about going on strike the Reaper called

Last night but I beat him off with the vacuum Dyson with death

Sent me by my Nephew. Cheeky bugger.

That's right, Mr Ploos. . . you let that flippin' black cowled Reaper know that coomin' round yer home sucks big time for the likes o' 'im. . . all electric like wif moore efficiency at 2.5 horsepower. . .

"Take that, sucker!" sez you to him. Oh aye. Tell 'im yer not interested and he can take his wheres elseware. . . Sooch a pest. . .

Right, I made the background the same pink you had in your previous painting. It's a layer thing.

1) I picked the color from your previous pic
    2) I made a new layer (there's those blinkin' layers again. . .) and painted it pink.
    3) I made a new layer with your charcoal drawing on top of the one with the pink and assigned it to "Multiply". and all the white becomes clear and it sandwiches down in a transparent way showing the darks. (Note: I did it in Photoshop, but it works that way in Artrage as I recall.)
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Hi all I can say is its something to do with layer's

Name:	Painting Title_005.jpg 
Views:	190 
Size:	134.9 KB 
ID:	66001   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Painting Title_001.jpg 
Views:	197 
Size:	73.5 KB 
ID:	66002  

Hey 80, terrific images. I like very much the spontaneity of your art. Really amazing.

To......Sir Doc Lima our south American Friend who show's us scenes

that explode with colour and great brushstrokes I tried to do a copy

but he left me up the mountain my many Thanks Sir Doc Lima.

here's me wandering around in the digetal World

Name:	me in art world Layer's whot's dat.jpg 
Views:	176 
Size:	71.3 KB 
ID:	66014