Page 261 of 1672 FirstFirst ... 1612112512592602612622632713113617611261 ... LastLast
Results 2,601 to 2,610 of 16718

Thread: Bus sketch'es 1.2.3.4.5.

Afternoon dear Eighty, hope you are well and I second everything that Mr Akey has said. The last painting/drawing well man oh man its flipping great. Well done there dear Eighty
    Sometimes...I remember better with my eyes closed

My Gallery
    http://members.artrage.com/vb_users/6307

Hi Mac glad u like it was a bit hard coss the pic is not to good any that's my
    Excuse . Also the NOSE a bit to long there looks like 20 odd drawings to
    Copy smashing. Thanks again for showing me Nic ......:eek

Hi. Katie Katie Coops Thanks Your trying to make me fall over again
    did you go to Nic link on Mac's previous post smashing
    Today nice and sunny a bit of wind sent the clouds up to you good drawing
    Praticeing how's. Your dancing troop getting on I can just hear them
    Yaking must be hard work keeping them in line
    Have a good day. Ok. SLAINTE

Good morning dear Eighty and hope the sun is shining where you are as it is over here.
    I thought the link that dear Mr Akey left for you was flipping great and I can see that there is lots there for your to try out. If you continue to do as well as the last one well my oh my we will have to bow to the master hehehehe.
    My dancers seem to have gone on strike at the moment, nothing coming to mind but I am sure they will kick up a linedance soon.
    Take care and have a great day

My Gallery

Hi Katie Katie Coops Follow Cameroon Starve em that will bring em

into line let them know who boss lovely an sunny looks like cloud

over France here's no2 hard work so much hair see what u think??

ok have a nice day SLAINTE
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fineck 2.jpg 
Views:	210 
Size:	131.5 KB 
ID:	65932  

Dear Eighty, what do I think??? what do I think??? I think.... no cancel think.... I see you have made a wonderful jump in your skill. This last one well its amazing. I am so very happy for your dear Eighty and so look forward to seeing more and more. YIPPPEEEEEEEEEEE well done you

My Gallery

Thanks BaBe

You've found it, Mr Ploos. As pointed oot by Ms Coops, it's a whole new world what's opened oop fer ye, lad.

Keep looking at the model and seeing forms work as yer doin'. Sooner or later if comes doon to a wee bit of formula, where the mechanics of how to affect a face becomes invisible to you and you become more focused on what you want to say. . .

And in that process, you'll find some surprise and delight at what comes of your turning the crank, as it were, with artistry. What I mean to say is that we do the steps, but there is that X factor that brings in the surprise which makes it fun as well as just being good. Just giving you something to anticipate when you're on the bus and you start using some of the stuff you're developing in study.

BRAVO!!!!!!! Really super work. Keep doing what you're doing and copying along with your own drawings in the field.

I think you're getting to the point you'll be wanting for a signature when you do your own stuff. You're getting to that point. WOOOOOHOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Hi mac. Nearly threw the towel in at one time couldn't make sense of it

And then there e was laughing like a banshee at me could ave kicked im in

The teeth the next one is only a pratice a quick smash as I'm trying to get

That pinky colour e use this is to strong ok. I 'll post it when on the main

Computer then you'll see what I mean ok Mac

Hi Mac sorry fell asleep ok see what u think of the colour ... Slainte
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fineck3.jpg 
Views:	170 
Size:	56.9 KB 
ID:	65938  

Looking good, Mr Ploos!

The toned paper is good, but being that it is that dark you can consider using a highlight color to pull your dimension up a little here and there.

By comparison with your previous 2 drawings, the darker toned paper sort of kills your middle values and highlights unless you pull up the highlights. This is why one uses a toned paper often -- it's because you want the values (dark/light) of the paper to be a starting point so you don't have to mark that in. In your other drawings much of their success comes in how you did the middle values. Because the middle values you did include are so close to the paper color, it looses some of the worth of those marks here. So with this one it all looks unfinished. Go somewhat lighter and darker so your marks count.

I will also offer this, that in charcoal drawings, which is classical studio stuff, one has the advantage of going thick and thin with the slight turn of the charcoal pencil or stick. One can also press harder and softer thus getting more control of the values in the line.

Paint brushes are good to define a coming painting on top of it, like a blueprint/template kind of thing that you use in the painting itself. And your lines in this look wet and brushy a little. Nothing wrong with that, but you are not going to get the finesse with that than you would with charcoal. So they're two different mediums essentially and two different strengths.

But I can see your drawing skills, and your looking is right there. So you have not lost any ground at all. Just a matter of translating it into using this color as a ground. Push your darks a little more here and there and hit some highlights. You may not have to do much. So test it in different ways on duplicates so you don't lose what you now have.

Very exciting to see just how little you need to complete this one.

Go Mr Ploos, Go Go GOooooo!!!!!!!!!!!
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream