Page 1356 of 1672 FirstFirst ... 35685612561306134613541355135613571358136614061456 ... LastLast
Results 13,551 to 13,560 of 16718

Thread: Bus sketch'es 1.2.3.4.5.

Yeah. Good practice for freehand control.

Recommendation: Stay relaxed and make long sweeping curves for the bigger stuff. This is where the [UNDO] command comes in handy. Just keep sweeping your mark until you nail it to your satisfaction.

Little choppy lines are safer and you can course correct as you go, and you'll eventually get there, but it will have a different character that way. When I was starting out in junior college where I had my first art classes where they actually gave guidance, that was one of the first things they pointed out. And I was a careful small stroke kind of guy at the time. So it took me out of my comfort zone and opened up a whole new way of drawing.

When I was doing the small careful lines it was a lot tighter and I was working smaller, but I was more dependent upon following exactly what I was looking at -- no room for interpretation. Plus when I was on the clock, I had to work out of my head a lot without models and I had to really crank out the drawings. So both ways are fine. All a matter of what works best for you. But you can often get smoother lines with your longer strokes if you're working bigger.

But you're looking good, Meister Ploos.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Blast Forgot
    to turn her also no Shadow I'll go back later after
    Some Nosh ok CIAO SLAINTE
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Quixotic   Tattoo     by  Partrick  Nage    FINN   l  .jpg 
Views:	123 
Size:	82.9 KB 
ID:	94830  

Looking very smart, MacPloos! Go man go!

I straightened her oot fer ye. She was lookin' a wee bit levitated.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by D Akey; 03-15-2018 at 09:14 AM.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Ya BOO beaten to
    the Punch a right good uppercut had me reeling Cap Mac

Name:	Quixotic  Tattoo    by    Patrick  Nagel     FINN        .jpg 
Views:	165 
Size:	85.3 KB 
ID:	94832  

I think a good one. What say ye?

I like what you did with the shapes. And it's pretty cool in a graphic treatment to play around with implying perspective volume using a minimal amount of line and shape. And then he just threw caution to the wind and put in a pattern on the garment as a flat pattern similar to filling in the hair or skin or background with a flat shape and just let the outline edge carry the illusion of dimension like a game to see how little one actually needs to make it feel full.

The design rather celebrates the flat graphic shapes as the vocabulary. And it rocks. You nailed the spirit of it square on. Well done, MacGraphics Ploos.

And the crowd shouts for MORE!!!!

[FONT=Comic Sans MS]My door bell rang so pressed
    the Button to let come in ? it was 2 Nurse's I said why are you here as its only
    Tuesday, They shrieked with laughter and shouted Its Thursday were here for your
    Bolour ?? test on arms and legs so go lay on your bed, I said but I'm half threw a
    painting they said bad luck You can finish it after we've gone ok so I have
    CIAO SLAINTE FONT]

Name:	Patrick   Nagel               FINN    My   Copy     .jpg 
Views:	156 
Size:	48.2 KB 
ID:	94834  

Sounds like you had a visit from some nymphs you old satyr. You suddenly dropped 60 years.

"Nay LASSIES! 'Tis boot Tuesday! Becalm yer nubile nightengale selves! I must PAINT! Denna wrap me cloven hooves and wooly gams! Ach and hoot!"

-------

By the way, that last Nagel was smashing! Great job. Keep at them and pay no attention to paintin' this 'ere Bougerreau moment. Boot 'twas a pic painted in me mind as ye recalled your bell ringin' moment where they sent ye more than one. You have a reputation, lad.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Gee Thanks Cap Mac for The Bougerreau I
    did have ago of it In their bus drive but was hard to see clearly but this one looks great I
    hope it turns out better than the last one as the only thing I liked about it was his green sock's
    ok I might try on my new IPad Pro very hard for this old Codger as I'm bound to make
    a Cock-up OK CIAO HASTA LA VISTA IVAYA CON DIOS SLAINTE Hi just looked
    at the size of the original approx. 8ft/6in by 6ft / 4in not bad for a Starter
    Last edited by eighty+; 03-16-2018 at 02:33 PM.

Hi. I,ve. Just tried to draw and paint on my. IPad. Pro. A rough. Try at a Bourrero. French artist. But not sure where. It’s gone yet ok. I,ll. keep trying. As.
    With luck l,m bound. To get it right in the end OK. CIAO. SLAINTE

Yeah when time stops for Ploos
    and there is a stillness in the room as the Nurse's take over and rewrap the legs
    with Ow's and arh's from Ploos and told to shut up by the Nurse's :
    OK CIAO HASTA LA VISTA IVAYA CON DIOS SLAINTE

Name:	Mrr  Ploos   . legs  . rewraped    .time   ok  .jpg 
Views:	159 
Size:	60.5 KB 
ID:	94837