Page 1126 of 1672 FirstFirst ... 126626102610761116112411251126112711281136117612261626 ... LastLast
Results 11,251 to 11,260 of 16718

Thread: Bus sketch'es 1.2.3.4.5.

Hi Capt'n Mac on the Infanta it looks like i'm back to my old Habit eye's to low ok
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Misletoe  Time bosseyed.jpg 
Views:	162 
Size:	167.1 KB 
ID:	89779  

Ok I had to give her a Face lift ok will look tomorrow to see how she looks ok CIAO IVAYA CON DIOS SLAINTE ..........POZDRAWSKI

Name:	Infanta   Margerta   By Velazquez  Starter  no  2a.jpg 
Views:	159 
Size:	137.2 KB 
ID:	89780  

Quote Originally Posted by eighty+ View Post
    Hi Capt'n Mac on the Infanta it looks like i'm back to my old Habit eye's to low ok
    This one looks like Helen Mirren after she drank her fill at your opening. . . right out of the cement truck. Red Burgundy it was too.

She's a wee bit more than boss eyed -- she's right queen eyed, she is!

As to the MacHapsburg lassie, I wouldn't go looking for standard proportions from that Clan. Nay lad. Not with their keeping it all in the family as t'wer. Odd thing about it was that it was incredibly efficient for holding control over Europe for a long time. Just they took a penalty for odd features and in some cases insanity.

Anyway, you keep painting, and be confident that no matter what the proportions you paint, there's some poor sot out there what looks exactly like it, at some point in time.

Go man go!!!!!!!!

PoseDrawSki! y ¡Vaya con where the heck they lookin', eh?

"Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Capt'n. MAC. I like that. Makes me happy to think that there's some poor sot who thinks its him /her

Anyway, you keep painting, and be confident that no matter what the proportions you paint, there's some poor sot out there what looks exactly like it, at some point in time.

Go man go!!!!!!!!

PoseDrawSki! y ¡Vaya con where the heck they lookin', eh?

[/QUOTE]

Hi looking at her in the light. Of the day not to bad. At least she's got the Regal Look on the IPad

. CIAO. IVAYA. CON. DIOS. SLAINTE............... POZDRAWSKI
    Last edited by eighty+; 05-16-2016 at 12:10 AM.

Arh Well Capt'n Mac she's got a hint of a smile and at least somebody might take the poor Tyke in from the Cold maybe there's another Dickens around

but I doubt it these days its just Sod U Jack I'm alright CIAO IVAYA CON DIOS SLAINTE ..............POZDRAWSKI

Name:	Infanta   Margerta   By Velazquez      FINN.jpg 
Views:	166 
Size:	179.9 KB 
ID:	89781  

Pretty darn nice, Mr Ploos. Actually with her loot, I'm pretty sure she'd be the one saying "I'm alright, Jack, take your hands off of my stack." to steal a line from Pink Floyd.

Anyway, the eyes look pretty good. She *may* be a little tall in the head. The source painting by Velasquez is that tall as you have it. It's not normal proportions in that it makes the top part of her head a little larger vertically than normal proportions are for the average.

But that's all Velazquez's doing, not yours, which is fairly faithful to the Spanish Master's proportions. Heck, the lass may have actually looked that way. Many times, portraiture of nobility required flattery, and he may have elongated her a little without it being too obvious that she was being flattered, so they couldn't come back and say, "Are you saying my daughter is some kind of freak? Off with his testicles!"

Like I say, it was a fine line to walk, but you wanted to still be able to walk at all. . . and get paid in the bargain.

So you did a nice Spanish courtly job, Sr. Ploos!

PoseDrawSki! y ¡Vaya con can't always call 'em as ya see em! (if ya knows what's good fer ye, matey. . . oh aye. . .)"

"Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Hi Capt'n Mac ok I've taken a bit off her head But I think Velazquez was too good an artist to revert to flattery So must be the Hapsboug Line just look at the Father :

CIAO IVAYA CON DIOS

Name:	Infanta   Margerita   By  Velazquez    FINN a.jpg 
Views:	139 
Size:	174.5 KB 
ID:	89782  

Hi Capt'n Mac ok I've taken a bit off her head But I think Velazquez was too good an artist to revert to flattery So must be the Hapsboug Line just look at the Father :

CIAO IVAYA CON DIOS SLAINTE

Name:	Infanta   Margerita   By  Velazquez    FINN a.jpg 
Views:	161 
Size:	174.5 KB 
ID:	89783  

You're dealing wonderfully with Velasquez and with his meniñas, I see. You rendered wonderfully the tactile feeling of the silk of her dress as well as the expressions and posture of all these noble characters.
    Panta rei (everything flows)!