Page 1113 of 1672 FirstFirst ... 113613101310631103111111121113111411151123116312131613 ... LastLast
Results 11,121 to 11,130 of 16718

Thread: Bus sketch'es 1.2.3.4.5.

How's our dear would-be Spaniard today? Pretty well I'd say!
    I see You can now draw and paint in any direction. I suspect we'll soon see a dwarf portrait, out of Your latest effort!
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

HAIL Caesar and Capt'n Mac Escuse Moi as I'm Drawing upside Down Ive Burnt the Eggs as well and its not done the Frying Pan anyGood Nivher ?

To U Both STATTE BBUONO Si Si IVAYA CON DIOS SLAINTE , IVAYA y CON POZDRAWSKI
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	The  Jester    By   Velazquez      FINN.jpg 
Views:	189 
Size:	131.2 KB 
ID:	89555  

Hi A practise one ok CIAO IVAYA CON DIOS SLAINTE ...............POZDRAWSKI

Name:	Practise   one   ok   FINN.jpg 
Views:	182 
Size:	123.6 KB 
ID:	89557  

Dear eighty, just love your latest, those amazing browns and the pleats in the dress are so perfectly done, really enjoy them and of course your wonderful sense of humor, never ever lose that my friend

Very well done, caballero!
    Now I think You may follow Velasquez also along anothe path, that of the dwarves he painted, as anticipated above ...
    Here's a quadriptic of them!
    I also added anothe one painted just before Velasquez by Antonio Moro and now to the Louvre, the dwarf of the cardinal.
    Previously there's at least another great painting on the subject by Bronzino that I don't add because the guy (Morgante) is naked and seen from both sides, You know.

Name:	Nani di Velasquez.jpg 
Views:	161 
Size:	359.5 KB 
ID:	89560   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	nano del cardinale.jpg 
Views:	189 
Size:	76.2 KB 
ID:	89561  

Go man go. But steer clear of egg tempera in the Spanish Baroque cause all the eggs are brown.

I have to say I was never a fan of Spanish Baroque paintings -- they're so grim. If it isn't some hermit saint in a cave contemplating mortality in a conversation with a skull, it's filled with inbred Hapsburgs, where they all look alike like a breed apart you might say.

But that's just me. I like color and vitality. But in the interest of copying every style, you have to bear through. This patch will be over soon. Hang in there.

All I gotta say is beware of Goya when Napoleon's army comes through. Sheesh. That'll lift your spirits--if you're Dracula.

PoseDrawSki! y ˇVaya con marrón!

"Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Quote Originally Posted by D Akey View Post
    Go man go. But steer clear of egg tempera in the Spanish Baroque cause all the eggs are brown.

I have to say I was never a fan of Spanish Baroque paintings -- they're so grim. If it isn't some hermit saint in a cave contemplating mortality in a conversation with a skull, it's filled with inbred Hapsburgs, where they all look alike like a breed apart you might say.

But that's just me. I like color and vitality. But in the interest of copying every style, you have to bear through. This patch will be over soon. Hang in there.

All I gotta say is beware of Goya when Napoleon's army comes through. Sheesh. That'll lift your spirits--if you're Dracula.

PoseDrawSki! y ˇVaya con marrón!

LOLOLO ahahahahah

It looks like Velasquez didn't complete or forgot some or wasn't proficient enough when he was in Italy as for color preparation, pigments dyes and colors use .... He certainly missed a trip to Venice to learn about colors.
    Anyway the rest of the baroque painters in Spain had even less possibilty to improve that discipline and the environment, from a religious and political point of view, was far less favorable than in Italy, so we shouldn't be too hard to judge them. After all Dutch painters were quite often as much dark, black, brown etc. than them and too much bigots and business oriented probably to really enjoy and celebrate life on their painting.

Hail O Caesar O Mighty One your a right hard Task-Master Now the Dwarves

Hi Capt'n Mac yeah I've seen Goya's war scenes it showes some things never change do they

: To U Both CIAO STATTE BBUONO Si Si IVAYA CON DIOS SLAINTE IVAYA y Con POZDRAWSKI

Hail O Caesar O Mighty One Ok the first of the Dwarves Starter

Name:	Portrait  of  Sebastian  de  Morra   by    Velazquez       Starter  No 1.jpg 
Views:	173 
Size:	138.9 KB 
ID:	89562  

number 2 Starter Caesar OK CIAO STATTE BBUONO Si Si SLAINTE POZDRAWSKI

Name:	Portrait   Of Franciso  Lezcano   By Velazquez    Starter  No 1.jpg 
Views:	160 
Size:	127.9 KB 
ID:	89564