Page 1108 of 1672 FirstFirst ... 108608100810581098110611071108110911101118115812081608 ... LastLast
Results 11,071 to 11,080 of 16718

Thread: Bus sketch'es 1.2.3.4.5.

Nice and funny ones! I love Marianne in topless the most .... Vive la France alors! LOL
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

Hail O Caesar O Mighty One Marianne is that her Name ? didn't the French turn her into the Statue Of Liberty and gave her to the Yanks

after all they floged us Joan D'arc they don't seem to like powerful Women unless their in Bed

this next one is our Professor who Hasn't been around of late, What he coudn't understand, Is why I Couldn't Understand his Drawing's

I tried to tell him i'm not Albert Einstein !! CIAO BBUONO Si Si SLAINTE IVAYA CON DIOS .......IVAYA y con POZDRAWSKI
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	the  professor.jpg 
Views:	122 
Size:	137.6 KB 
ID:	89441  
    Last edited by eighty+; 03-31-2016 at 12:00 AM.

Great happenings, 80+ and good to hear the meds are working

Who's this last guy? Padre Matteo Ricci maybe?
    Here are a couple of his images and who he was ....
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Matteo_Ricci

Name:	Padre Ricci.jpg 
Views:	125 
Size:	342.5 KB 
ID:	89442  
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Hi there dear Eighty hope all is well with you and your health is on the up
    Been checking in most days just to see your painting and I have to say you are doing fab, keep going my dear friend
    Sometimes...I remember better with my eyes closed

My Gallery
    http://members.artrage.com/vb_users/6307

Just up and awake as it look as if Ive lost a day whilst asleep health wise ok but seem to B Tired all the time

Thanks Jean are U more Settled now in you new Abode ?

Thanks Katie nice to see your Back Degas will B pleased and your fans as Keeper of the MOARA as well as the North-East Gate

Hail O Caesar O Mighty One Thanks it took me two hours of reading of how Christinany was pushed to the Chinese Hordes IVAYA CON DIOS

I often wonder what Dios thought of it being the head of all Faiths or was it just power to the few

To all CIAO STATTE BBUONO Si Si SLAINTE IVAYA CON DIOS..................IVAYA Con y POZDRAWSKI
    Last edited by eighty+; 03-31-2016 at 02:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by eighty+ View Post
    Hail O Caesar O Mighty One Marianne is that her Name ? didn't the French turn her into the Statue Of Liberty and gave her to the Yanks

after all they floged us Joan D'arc they don't seem to like powerful Women unless their in Bed

this next one is our Professor who Hasn't been around of late, What he coudn't understand, Is why I Couldn't Understand his Drawing's

I tried to tell him i'm not Albert Einstein !! CIAO BBUONO Si Si SLAINTE IVAYA CON DIOS .......IVAYA y con POZDRAWSKI
    We (Americans) got the Statue of Liberty from France, to be sure. I think the lady/goddess who inspired her was Marianne a few centuries even earlier. I think her form in the statue may have been inspired by the same vision written about by Boethius as he was under house arrest awaiting execution by the Romans.

Anyway, when I read parts of Consolation of Philosophy many years ago, I thought I recognized her as the model for the Statue of Liberty. And if Marianne was the spirit of the French Revolution, and Liberty and all that happy stuff, I figure it was the same gal. And it was good seeing her getting a paying gig again after all those years playing the Statue of Liberty. Rather made her career.

But I never knew the Statue of Liberty had those topless shots of her. I think Delacroix had assured Marianne when she was a hungry student and aspiring actress that any shots of her naked would never go public. But just look at that copied paparazzi painting from 1700 Ploos that you have here in your thread, Mr Ploos. Reminds me of the Miss America scandal some years back when Vanessa Williams had some forgotten pictures turn up causing a scandal. Never trust a photographer's (or a painter's) word is the buzz among goddesses anymore.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Hi Capt'n Mac There's no such thing as Bad publesity as Boethius Knew and found out
    Last edited by eighty+; 03-31-2016 at 11:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by eighty+ View Post
    Just up and awake as it look as if Ive lost a day whilst asleep health wise ok but seem to B Tired all the time

Thanks Jean are U more Settled now in you new Abode ?

Thanks Katie nice to see your Back Degas will B pleased and your fans as Keeper of the MOARA as well as the North-East Gate

Hail O Caesar O Mighty One Thanks it took me two hours of reading of how Christinany was pushed to the Chinese Hordes IVAYA CON DIOS

I often wonder what Dios thought of it being the head of all Faiths or was it just power to the few

To all CIAO STATTE BBUONO Si Si SLAINTE IVAYA CON DIOS..................IVAYA Con y POZDRAWSKI
    Dear ATPlus, actually Father Matteo Ricci was a Jesuit, thus a highly educated guy, a wiseman and a scholar, far more than a simple missionary. Moreover he was a sort of total genius who learned and studies chinese language, ideograms and their culture in short time and up to a level of natural fluency and awareness better than most of them. He was also able to theach them mathematics, astronomy, art and painting and all the advanced knowledge and science available in Italy and Europe in those times. As a religious he had a good, but limited effect (in terms of numbers) but an incredible fame over there and in the Emperor's court ...

Here's Boethius, a most remarkable man; substantially a highly civilized guy from the fallen Roman Empire who contributed to join the Romans with the Barbarian conquerors whose intelligent leader and king realized with him that no Kingdom or Empire could be kept by them without being able to administate, to read and write, to have a good knowledge base and without waiving a predominance attitude oppressing the local people, able to build, cultivate etc. with arrogance and violence. as a matter of fact, in the former Western Roman Empire, a Roman-Barbaric Kingdom was progressively created. Once more, a civilized conquered-population conquered conquerors ...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boethius
    Last edited by Caesar; 04-01-2016 at 12:33 AM.

Hail O Caesar O Mighty One sorry late in replying but been reading the History of the Jesuit taken me a good three hours

It seems as if they have got a finger in everthing that moves on the Planet

Name:	Drunken   Silenus    by    Jusepe de  Ribera    starter   no1.jpg 
Views:	125 
Size:	244.4 KB 
ID:	89451