Page 1041 of 1672 FirstFirst ... 415419419911031103910401041104210431051109111411541 ... LastLast
Results 10,401 to 10,410 of 16718

Thread: Bus sketch'es 1.2.3.4.5.

Right you are lads. This is not a Vermeer, but still owing to the time period I was reminded of that movie I was meaning to watch that Damasocl had talked about, and thus I spake it alood, oh aye. Grazie Sr van Caesar the Elder e molto bene Herr van Ploos the Elderer!

PoseDrawSki y ˇVaya con cartwheels!

"Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Hi YEAH Trust me :rolleyes Well its Finish Now ok CIAO IVAYA CON Cartwheels
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	(Vemeer)         FINN      Jan Van  Eyck   Painting     ok.jpg 
Views:	167 
Size:	243.3 KB 
ID:	88033  

Quote Originally Posted by D Akey View Post
    Right you are lads. This is not a Vermeer, but still owing to the time period I was reminded of that movie I was meaning to watch that Damasocl had talked about, and thus I spake it alood, oh aye. Grazie Sr van Caesar the Elder e molto bene Herr van Ploos the Elderer!

PoseDrawSki y ˇVaya con cartwheels!

... not to be pedantic, dear DAkey, but Vermeer birthday is almost 100 years after Van Eyck death date and about 1 century and half in that period classical art saw most of the greatest masters ever and produced incredible masterpieces, especially if You consider what was then available as technology and knowledge. It was an age of unique artistic burst and evolutionary expansion similar to a big bang leading to the many art galaxies of last century (apart from some contaminations by Japanese and African art which were transpoded and integrated in Western art canons).
    As a matter of fact, the astounding master painter and alchemist Van Eyck painted before Antonello da Messina, a stunning master by whom we have today probably less than 10% of his produced artpieces. Antonello da Messina introduced oil painting in Italy learning it from the Van Eyck that technique, according to Vasari (paintings were fresco or tempera before, not considering the Roman encausto). A for Vermeer instead, he actually came sensibly later than Caravaggio.
    Flemish and Dutch painting schoosl have several similarities (due to the similarity of places, languages, sensibility and economical/ commercial structures, not the same christian doctrine though and this is particularly evident on Rubens subjects for instance), but are nonetheless sensibly separated by time and space. Van Eyck and Vermeer are more or less as distant as Ingres or Delacroix from Picasso ....
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

Good information, Caesar. Thank you for setting the record straight. You are of course right and Vasari is maybe right even though much of his info was old in his own time and based on tales and word of mouth. The history of oil painting is very interesting and certainly was a game changer for painting. So who was the first person to mix the first batch of oil paint I wonder? (rhetorical question)

But what we know for certain is that Damasocl started his thread about Tim's Vermeer in the General Chat as late as September of 2015 yet the movie was released in 2013. While in point of fact, Mr Ploos didn't begin his Van Eyck copy until November 2015 finishing it early that same month.

Just kidding. That oil painting appeared in the world was fascinating for sure and as far as impact could be related to the appearance of digital in the modern world. . . There was a time when I paid attention to such things. But I feel I have been annoying when commenting in a semi-offhand way in these forums since I think you are probably the only person who has an interest in art history of the people who post and other people just seem to think it's like showing off or just a personality quirk to be politely ignored. So I've gotten sloppy -- the imprecision of which would have made me crazy a couple decades ago. But when people don't talk about these things, the details just sort of slip away to be replaced by things more at hand. Thanks for the wake up call. This stuff does matter when dealing with the big picture. But then we need to work out just how big is the big picture.

Last edited by D Akey; 11-04-2015 at 01:09 AM.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Yeah, dear friend, I realize that I'd better have some more self-control because You're absolutely right that I tend to forget that some topics are not so much interesting to anyone and that I may give the wrong impression, especially because I'm talkative and don't tend to economize words ...
    I therefore thanksgive You ... LOL (You probably have already met my brand new Thanksgiving Card and wishes to all US brothers and sisters in here!)
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

Blimey. Rapiers. At dawn. Can't. Decide the winner ok the judge. Has decided a Draw. So.

IVaya. Con. DIOS .

Quote Originally Posted by eighty+ View Post
    Blimey. Rapiers. At dawn. Can't. Decide the winner ok the judge. Has decided a Draw. So.

IVaya. Con. DIOS .
    Yup, I reckon, Meister Ploos. Out here in the wild west, when somebody says 'Draw' folks commence to shootin'!

Pose DRAW Ski! <Blam Blam!> y ˇVaya con quistador!

Hi Cap'n Mac Yeah The good old days when U could shoot somebody and nobody cared ok I'll put my sunglasses

as the sunshine is in my eys and I can't see the Sherif reminds of a song

Name:	Untitled       Young Girl        FINN.jpg 
Views:	185 
Size:	132.1 KB 
ID:	88035  

Sorry you'll have to turn your monitor ok CIAO IVAYA CON DIOS SLAINTE >>>>>>>>>>>>>POZDRAWSKI

Name:	Untitled       Freud      FINN.jpg 
Views:	162 
Size:	248.2 KB 
ID:	88036  

Hi alls well when it ends Well ok Found how to turn it back as its not the same since the up grade to 10 CIAO

Name:	Freud      FINN.jpg 
Views:	184 
Size:	250.3 KB 
ID:	88037