Page 1017 of 1672 FirstFirst ... 175179179671007101510161017101810191027106711171517 ... LastLast
Results 10,161 to 10,170 of 16718

Thread: Bus sketch'es 1.2.3.4.5.

HA! The guy in the portrait looks like a clown that just got out of Al's VW after his time at the circus! Just call them as I see them.. LOL!

Ho Ho. Ho. Yeah he could be. I'll ask him as U never know Dave . CIAO HASTA LA VISTA

Waiting for You to paint this absinthe-addicted couple, a quite interesting subject by an absolutely great master!
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

Well, you know what they say -- Absinthe makes the heart grow fonder. . .

Very famous painting that evokes in me a certain intrigue and sympathy and pulls me into their stories, owing to the character types and body languages and so on. I don't know that it's a bad lifestyle story, a cautionary tale as it were. I get that it's more of a slice of life. Living in the moment and being spent for whatever reason.

Certainly the viewer (in this case me) is able to extrapolate from this scene many diverse situations. But there's an inherent tension and relationship thing going on just by the artist's choice of subject. It's almost got a certain documentary journalistic quality that I think even Victor Hugo would have been intrigued by.

Photography can grab these moments and there's a sub-genre of it where those pics depict scenes from some harsher lifestyle. Those photos are usually much edgier. I think the paintings handle it in a kinder way, or at least there's a less dissipated spin available to the viewer. But if the viewer wanted to, they could give it the more "walking the edge of the precipice" interpretation.

You've done well with it for starts. Go man go!!!!!!!!

PoseDrawSki! y ˇVaya con dramatics!

"Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Hail O Caesar O Mighty One I agree with you ok I have started working my way on the b/ground slowly getting in a Frency

Hi Cap'n Mac yeah they took the Spanish Fly out of absinth in 1929 and brought in Coco Cola but whats Victor Hugo got to do with it ???

I see He's elbow is slowly pushing her Absinth over !!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	The Absinth  Drinker's   Degas   starter  No  2a.jpg 
Views:	130 
Size:	201.4 KB 
ID:	87599  
    Last edited by eighty+; 09-22-2015 at 05:47 AM.

WOW eighty, this is really good, done by the master, he will have to buy her another glass of wine lol, eighty will you check out 2 versions I have posted and let me know which one you like best, one is River Run and the other is Walking into Autumn, thanks

Ok Pat. Will do. CIAO

Quote Originally Posted by eighty+ View Post
    but whats Victor Hugo got to do with it ???
    Yeah, these two, at least as far as I interpret it, seem to be emerging out of the conditions of his kinds of characters, folks from perhaps with a harder life, even seeking a numbness. You could look at this and make up all kinds of stories. All depends on how you interpret the painting I suppose. But that's what I meant by invoking Victor Hugo. Les Miserables and so forth. Different period, but that kind of turning the spotlight on social circumstances. And the woman, in my mind, could make a pretty fair Fontine, looks like she's been through the wringer some.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Hi Cap'n Mac just swotting up on Vic.Hugo quiet a bloke just as well he's not around now or they would have him Shot by a Drone

Hi I think I could do with a swig of Pernod now with a touch of canpari and a dash of Grendine ok CIAO HASTA LA VISTA IVAYA CON DIOS SLAINTE

...............POZDRAWSKI
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	The Absinth  Drinker's   Degas   FINN.jpg 
Views:	132 
Size:	208.9 KB 
ID:	87607