Page 112 of 1672 FirstFirst ... 12621021101111121131141221622126121112 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,120 of 16718

Thread: Bus sketch'es 1.2.3.4.5.

Quote Originally Posted by eighty+ View Post
    . . .
    Had jab so should be ok to finish the Cathedral still a lot to do will take more Time. Ok as you can see had to make the cattle larger as the perspective Didn't look to good ? What do you think. Know . . . ?
    Well then, Mr Ploos. . . they may have got in a good jab, but you countered the right cross sure enough, seein' the blow by blow account of this painting. . . on account of yer pagan ways, lad. . . Like reading about the fight in Sports Illustrated or Blueboy's Druids Weekly, it is.

As to the painting, I think your cows look better larger as they are. Looks like you have one vertical line in the lower portion of the church is leaning to the right. Other than that the structure looks good and sound. Nice sense of depth and overall scale. It got closer to me as viewer when you made the cows bigger. The scale doesn't seem quite as vast. Looks more normal.

Now that's something the artist gets to decide, just how they want to position the viewer.

It would be helpful in critique if you want to upload/post the source pic, in which case I can point things out. Not saying you need to. Just if you wanted a comparison between yours and theirs. I rather like your stuff on its own merits and don't need to see it. But it would be something we could do to talk it through more as a learning tool.

Love your sketches too!

I'm loving these pastorals. Like you been made pastor faster than most. So don't sweat the speed.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Hi D Akey..... Mac thanks that's a fantastic comment couldn't ask for more
    no1 the vertical on the lower left been having trouble with it from the start
    its were John has shown the sleight view of the side as my skills with the tools
    from 1...to...10 is 2 i might scrape 3 if nobody's looking so might have
    to ignore it and just go for the vertical yeah as for the cows still think they might be bigger or drop the base of the Cathedral ?? have to check with the
    Bishop see what he thinks yep quite happy to send the origenal but not
    sure how, do I just post as norm ??

ok just a few sketch's to bung in ok

just a thought being a pagan I must still be covered in blue crap to keep
    the invader's at bay not that they took any notice
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	scan0027.jpg 
Views:	237 
Size:	183.0 KB 
ID:	60607   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	scan0028.jpg 
Views:	224 
Size:	415.6 KB 
ID:	60608   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	scan0029.jpg 
Views:	231 
Size:	245.2 KB 
ID:	60609   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	scan0030.jpg 
Views:	202 
Size:	185.0 KB 
ID:	60610   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	scan0031.jpg 
Views:	235 
Size:	450.9 KB 
ID:	60611  

last 3 ok ............----E/S

Name:	scan0032.jpg 
Views:	230 
Size:	166.5 KB 
ID:	60612   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	scan0033.jpg 
Views:	242 
Size:	267.6 KB 
ID:	60613   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	scan0034.jpg 
Views:	245 
Size:	221.8 KB 
ID:	60614  

everything's wonderful. Great continuous work E+

Allo Senor Docteur vousave la chance Beuno aires saci manenific
    on TV, merci boko

Hi D Akey Mac think I've found the vertical problem its the stepped up wall

support masony casting an oblick shaddow had to stop think some how

layer's has stepped in how do I get out of them ???

Name:	Salisbury  Cathedral  STARTER  no7.jpg 
Views:	230 
Size:	397.0 KB 
ID:	60618  

hi break time got to go out for a walk Doc's order's ok what a sight it must

have been, to think all done with pole scaffold hand tied and think of the size of that cross up the top

Name:	Salisbury  Cathedral  STARTER  no8.jpg 
Views:	245 
Size:	414.3 KB 
ID:	60628  

Hi, Mr Ploos. You can upload the source pic the same way you do your pictures here in this thread -- something with which you have a little experience. So it should be a snap if it's small enough to be posted. If it isn't you'd know shortly when trying.

The other way is to either give us the name of the artist and the title of the pic or a link to it and we can see it that way.

Yes, you corrected the vertical and that's great. I'm not all that well versed in all the features of ArtRage, but I think there are rulers one can use and if all your lines are parallel and vertical, it should be straight forward. If you use it though you have then only to be aware of the spacing between the lines. The length of the lines can be erased to fit.

The only thing I would caution about using rulers is turning your work into a mechanical exercise, which is one way to go. But use it only when needed perhaps on a layer as a guide and paint on a layer over it to keep your hand done quality. (suggestion only) The church is very structured and straight lines are desirable because that's what it's about. I used to be fairly labored about drawings being accurate because that is what my job required. But I got to where I only needed do a few lines mechanically and those told me where the rest of the lines would go.

You can find what you like through trial and error.

But, Mr Ploos, the bottom line (pun intended) is good and straight now. Nice fix.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Hi D Akey.... Mac,.....John Constable origenal ok Salisbury Cathedral

I think I'll concentrate on the Cathedral first and leave the rest to last

that's as i've been like a blue-arsed Fly all over the show ok
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Well I'll be. . . he did that vertical line at the bottom cockeyed a little. Oops. Hahahah. Just goes to show ya. . . of course the wall could in face have been listing to the side a bit as well from what I heard about old English buildings and the watery land some of then were built on.

In any case, you had it right based on your reference! Well done you!

One thing I might suggest based on my experience as a painter, that for the type of paintings I did it was expedient to paint the sky first because I generally knew what it was going to all look like when I began painting. In short I tended to work distant to foreground in that order. And then go back and touch up something if it needed it.

Not that you need to, but it's a decent argument to paint on layers. You could then not have to worry about painting right up to an edge and not encroach on the building or tree leaves for example.

Anyway, more later. A keen eye has this bluebottle. . .er blue bottom savage from the highlands o' me kith an' kin, via Brighton. Musta got onto the wrong bus along the way, laddie and went a wee bit south.