Page 1171 of 1672 FirstFirst ... 171671107111211161116911701171117211731181122112711671 ... LastLast
Results 11,701 to 11,710 of 16718

Thread: Bus sketch'es 1.2.3.4.5.

Interesting about calling attention to the judges. One would think that with all the electronic devices they can replay if a call is challenged, there would be less of skewing the results to favor their favorite competitor or what have you.

They have had so many technological devices rigged in the sports they can to avoid bad calls. I tripped over a video on YouTube about famous cheaters in the history of the Olympics and there was one in Fencing where they had an electronic sensor measuring for contact between the tip of the foil (? the rapier thingy) and the body/head of the opponent. Apparently it has to be solid enough of a strike to make it count as a point. Well, the famous cheater in Fencing rigged his foil to jump to read as a contact without actual contact happening. Needless to say, he was caught or he wouldn't have made it into that YouTube video. My guess in olden days he would have filled the slot of the villain. Definitely would have sported a handlebar mustachio and would sneer and envy everything he saw.

I suppose that so long as there are winners and losers, there will be cheating. Sort of reflects life in general.

PoseDrawSki sez: "Remember the good old days when people knocked each other senseless for things other than honor alone?"

ˇVaya con 'Judge not, lest ye be judged'!

Of course if ye be the judge, ye shall be judged. . . cause your bad calls say OOOHHH. . . THEE ARE BLIND AS A RUDDY BAT, YE SOT!!!!!!! and Just who's brother-in-law are ye to have gotten made judge, eh?

"Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Vaya con 'Judge not, lest ye be judged'!

Of course if ye be the judge, ye shall be judged. . . cause your bad calls say OOOHHH. . . THEE ARE BLIND AS A RUDDY BAT, YE SOT!!!!!!! and Just who's brother-in-law are ye to have gotten made judge, eh?

[/QUOTE]

veryly I say to YOU that is True

Hi Capt'n Mac I see those Boxing Judge's got the tick tack then so I wasn't

The only one who thought the results were crazy as they say in the world of high

finace never trust a Judge

ok I tried to draw today after being A.W.O.L for over a week I think I deserve a Gold

after watching the Olympics i liked best the Badminton the 2 Nev girls V 2 jap girls

80mins of action were you never knew who would win almost to the last belt of the

shuttlecock and then they all cried at the end great Viewing

yeah I found drawing very hard after nearly 2 weeks away so escuse ok CIAO

ow yeah still on Porrige and water IVAYA CON DIOS HASTA LA VISTA

SLAINE
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Watteau  Study    15      Young  Girl   Starter  No1    FINN.jpg 
Views:	164 
Size:	149.3 KB 
ID:	90500  

Looks like yer sketch is just more Watteau under the bridge, oh aye. . .

Porridge is it? Me mum used to slip my dachshund's pills/tablets into a wad o' liverwurst. So might ye be doing somethin' similar with yer porridge and all yer tablets, matey? Hey, I like porridge just fine. Don't eat much of it though cause I rarely do breakfast. Might have some instant kind for a snack at most. But I do like it, especially the kind where you can feel the oats and less mushy.

So you doin' yer barrels of tablets still?

Well, keep hammerin' them judges to keep 'em honest in the eyes of the world.

PoseDrawSki sez: "Justice is blind. . . which might have been a prominent feature on the resumés when the judges were applying for a slot at the Olympics. I'm well qualified. Can't see a thing."

ˇVaya con shuttlecocks under glass for the victory banquet!

Last edited by D Akey; 08-19-2016 at 10:33 PM.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Yes. Back to Watteau. Capt'n Mac I think he's the best of all time.

Hi Capt'n Mac yeah still with the master I felt a bit better this time but he still

makes me do all the cleaning up after Class

ok CIAO IVAYA CON DIOS HASTA LA VISTA SLAINTE is POZDRAWSKI fighting

the fires over your way ??

Name:	Watteau   study 16     FINN.jpg 
Views:	146 
Size:	174.9 KB 
ID:	90505  

Yeah, out here they used to grow produce--lettuce and broccoli and avocados. Now with the drought and fires we have a bumper crop of charcoal - which is okay if you're an artist, I suppose. Next year I think I'll plant me some conte crayons. They thrive in the dry heat. Bloody 'ell, mate.

It's so hot and dry the trees have been dying all over. I just heard from one of the chaps from Los Angeles Unified Schools (which covers the vast area of Los Angeles County) who said that on their properties about a quarter of their trees have taken a hit. I've already lost about 5 trees on my property alone.

Anyway, your drawings are really good. You have the Watteau vibe. You're using about the same amount of marks and you're seeing the forms really well.

PosDrawSki sez: "Go mon ami, mon amigo!!!!!!!! oh aye. . ."

ˇVaya con all the Watteau ye can carry, cause it's getting pretty dry here!

blimey Capt'n Mac 5 trees only that must be a fair size plot you've got

Yeah, well the plot thins. . . like my hair.

I think it's about a third of an acre. It's a decent size for a yard, but there were a fair number of trees on it. Originally, before I lived here, I think they were planted to keep the hillside from slipping, and shade and decoration I imagine as well. Sickens me to watch them dying. Have to water them heavily since the hillside is so dry. And that's getting pretty pricey with the water shortages and lack of rain.

escuse moi old Fellow have you seen Bolt Yus he went thataway

Capt'n Mac Blimey thats big enough to be a Jappanese Farm

IVAYA CON DIOS SLAINTE HASTA LA VISTA Get that Lazy Bum POZDRAWSKI

as a water Carrier to save your trees

Name:	Watteau   Study     17    FINN.jpg 
Views:	148 
Size:	134.4 KB 
ID:	90513