Page 1016 of 1672 FirstFirst ... 165169169661006101410151016101710181026106611161516 ... LastLast
Results 10,151 to 10,160 of 16718

Thread: Bus sketch'es 1.2.3.4.5.

Hi. Dave thanks It helped me a lot thanks again for letting use your work

Hi cap'n mac. Yeah I had a paper round when a nipper. but wasn't as lucky you. My excitement

Was keeping an eye open for the bull when crossing the cow field on the way to the farm with their paper's

And backy. Ok. Sorry late in replying. But watching the world rugby cup ok. To U both. CIAO

HASTA. LA VISTA. IVAYA CON. DIOS. SLAINTE................POZDRAWSKI

Quote Originally Posted by eighty+ View Post
    Yeah I had a paper round when a nipper. but wasn't as lucky you. My excitement

Was keeping an eye open for the bull when crossing the cow field on the way to the farm with their paper's

And backy. Ok.
    Yeah, I got gored by one particular studio executive who was feeling mean where he had to take it out on a poor paper boy. He banned me from the lot because I went to the local grade school that happened to be Catholic. Everything was fine until I mentioned that fact when he asked who I was. The secretary let out an audible gasp when I said that just before he sent me off for good. Was my first experience with prejudice. And I wasn't doing a thing other than delivering the paper. Paper boys had to step lively, didn't we just.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Yeah But they were great time's when you look on back Them Cap'n Mac I remember I could Run like a Hare now I hobble with the aid of a Walking stick :

CIAO HASTA LA VISTA IVAYA CON DIOS SLAINTE .....................Take 3 POZDRAWSKI's as I'm feeling generous
    Last edited by eighty+; 09-20-2015 at 10:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by eighty+ View Post
    Yeah But they were great time's when you look on back Them Cap'n Mac I remember I could Run like a Hare now I hobble with the aid of a Walking stick :

CIAO HASTA LA VISTA IVAYA CON DIOS SLAINTE .....................Take 3 POZDRAWSKI's as I'm feeling generous
    Indeed, lad. I was glad to have had that experience of the whole lot as my back yard, along with getting fired from Fox. Sort of put me in good company, I would say. And early on too.

And after having seen The Godfather, I can kinda look back and see what may have prompted their warm embrace.

Anyway, it was one of those stories that leaves ya scratching your head, yet is hooked into the whole Hollywierd experience. At 9 years old I stepped into a movie story that had been going on since they invented motion pictures, hahaha. And here was me thinking the movies were all about Cowboys and Indians when it was actually about range wars.

Yes, Thanks for the PoseDrawSkis and I raise one in toast to those brave lads what used to deliver papers before adults moved in and took over. Was good exercise for sure, and fun. Wish ye were there, lad. You would have liked the spectacle of it, no doubt. Second toast to healthy young bodies that we had. And the third for . . . ummm. . . for the heck of it! Prost!
    Last edited by D Akey; 09-20-2015 at 11:25 AM.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Hi Cap'n Mac when U get to my age Memories and Drawing are the only things that matter ok maybe this next one will suite U CIAO

TIme I was in Bed HASTA LA VISTA IVAYA CON DIOS SLAINTE do think John Wayen would b any Good as POZDRAWSKI can he speak Polish ???
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	in Spain   in SPAIN   on yuh bike  Man   Go Go    Go.jpg 
Views:	143 
Size:	171.8 KB 
ID:	87592  

Well, pilgrim, I reckon he could parlay the PoseDrawSkis with the best of 'em. . . <spitooi!. . .Ding!>

Nice painting of a lad on 'is bike. Closest you could get to a paper boy's legs anymore. I don't know how you made your rounds, but I did on a 10 speed bike with the satchel that could go over your head like a poncho. Only I rigged it to me front handle bars held vertical by the handle of a croquet mallet. That way I could dip into the sack on the fly and toss it onto people's porches without stopping. Had to travel hills with the weight of about 40 papers. I must have been in pretty decent shape looking back.

I had heard that Ray Bradbury was a subscriber somewhere along my route, or had been before I started. Always wondered which house and whether I would meet him watering his lawn or something. Never happened. But it was a little color for the treks -- a brush with greatness in a very remote sense. Maybe he stopped the paper because it was rather pointless because the Farenheit 451 firemen would keep burning it daily before he could get to read it.

Well, paint on, lad. . .

PoseDrawSki! y ˇVaya con circle up them thar wagons in Warsaw. . .Yeeooooo-ski!!!

Last edited by D Akey; 09-20-2015 at 04:40 PM.

Hi Cap'n Mac. No biking as had to do the rounds on foot. As to put the paper in the letter box in each house. As for bikes. The only speed you had was how hard U could pedal or later when in my teens a fixed wheel a smaller cog. There was a 3 speed bike with the gears in the back wheel hub I see ther is now over
    Twenty speeds on bikes what a luxury . CIAO back to the walking stick. Ok
    I'm thinking of getting a mobile which does about 8 mph. And goes in and out of shops ok HASTA LA VISTA
    IVAYA. CON DIOS. SLAINTE. .......POZDRAWSKI

Hi Lizzie's Better half AL ok FINN CIAO HASTA LA VISTA IVAYA CON DIOS SLAINTE ..................POZDRAWSKI

Name:	in Spain  In Spain on Yuh  Bike  AL   Go   Go     GO.jpg 
Views:	139 
Size:	249.0 KB 
ID:	87594  

Nice one 80! I love the fog coming in over the mountains.. if he doesn't get out of there on his bike he won't be able to see anything in a few minutes!

hi Dave See you have got me started on Landscapes Thanks but back to a Portrait Ow AL will b OK as he's got he's Volksvagen Sleeper parked just round the Corner

CIAO HASTA LA VISTA IVAYA CON DIOS ........SLAINTE........HOO ROO .........POZDRAWSKI

Name:	The Absinth  Drinker's   Degas   starter  No1.jpg 
Views:	184 
Size:	175.9 KB 
ID:	87598