Page 524 of 1672 FirstFirst ... 2442447451452252352452552653457462410241524 ... LastLast
Results 5,231 to 5,240 of 16718

Thread: Bus sketch'es 1.2.3.4.5.

Quote Originally Posted by eighty+ View Post
    HI Mac Hoots I pressed the wrong button

Well Mac is there chance we will be be able to see your Carveing's as always had a hankering to try myself but as you know time fly's fast even more so as

you get older so it may stay as a dream
    Well I'm beginning. Was busy this last year or so collecting wood from felled trees and taking some classes. Also was busy collecting chisels and building a working area in my garage. Wish me luck.

Owing to limited space, I'm attaching a utility item I constructed on wheels for the purposes of storage and for being a big ol' easel. Rather optimistic, but what the heck. I never worked really big, but didn't because of not having a decent easel. And with them being so expensive, I just designed and made something. Not particularly pretty, but functional.

Also built (not pictured) a good stout bench for carving. The ruddy wood shrank so bad that even though it was all nailed in good, there are huge gaps in between the slats. I can plug them, but that was my first lesson in using un-dried wood.

Oh, I realized there was an underpainting of a tree in the photo. Was just playing around. Nothing came of it as it was going in a different direction. And beside the stool, unattached, would be a taboret for my palette and jars and brushes -- also moveable.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Wheely Easel.jpg 
Views:	200 
Size:	239.0 KB 
ID:	75678   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Wheely Shelves.jpg 
Views:	200 
Size:	217.5 KB 
ID:	75679  
    Last edited by D Akey; 05-26-2013 at 07:55 AM.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Nice work area, I to also work in my double garage which is a good size, so apart for my workbench which is a fixture and my lathe many of my other machines are mobile and can be pushed out of the way when not needed.
    Look forward to seeing some of your work.
    Geoff

Mr 80+, a lovely angel lady and a handsome religious fellow

Nice wood working DA and Geoff, I used to build roll top trunks and carve on top of them
    Last edited by justjean; 05-26-2013 at 03:52 PM.

HI Jean thanks I went Daphni to see the original mosaic ( on google of coarse ) and I see I've only got his head and shoulders my fault thou as looking back in the

book it does say detail but looking at the full Mosaic it would to much to do all those dots to try to make look like a mosaic I wonder how long it took the Monks

to do bet they wish they had Digital : D I see you were a wood carver as well no holding you is there go gal go apple and pairs

Hi Mac looks good see your well organizied wish I could say the same I think I built my workshop about 20 years ago but due to circumstances I have only used it

about 6 times now I'm to old to bother

hi Geoff a double garage heated ?? sound's like a dream good on yuh go man go

sorry so late but slept through most of the week-end ok

Hi Jean tried your Flower's from memory but my memory she aint so good

Name:	Flower's   Jean.jpg 
Views:	188 
Size:	55.9 KB 
ID:	75696  

hi Jack and Jill went up the hill

Name:	Jill  sister of  Jack.jpg 
Views:	201 
Size:	120.9 KB 
ID:	75700  

Your flowers are lovely and so is that gal with that windy hair do

Hi Jean the flower's Ho Ho Ho. You are to kind

yeah I did enjoy drawing the. Girl

The flowers have a sort of Matisse quality? Not sure about who did what in that genre, but it looks bold and sure, regardless of your memory of them. It's more about the rapport you have going with your virtuous canvas.

And speaking of virtuosity on canvas, any of the Expressionists ain't got nuffin' on your expressionistic pic of this 'ere lass. Nifty work there, Mr Ploos.

So here's a link to have some fun with -- a bus ride into a wacky side of town. Give it a go. Take the Ploos Boos South and East on the continent. Steer clear of certain unsavory visions mind. Some are out and out like extreme bleeding psyches (and I don't mean 'bleeding' in the British way). . . But some of the genre in the mid-range is rather exciting and super innovative. Moon River up if ya got 'em lad. . . it can be a hard ride. And the shocks on this ere transport need replacin'.

http://www.google.com/search?gs_rn=1...w=1058&bih=478
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Hi. Mac just had a quick look. Yep I'm on your. bus so Fasoon your seat belt and grab a

Flask of moon River's as it looks like one hell of a ride I think the bus will reach. Me. Tomorrow. Ok

Ciao. SLAINTE. STATTE. BBONNE. Si Si