Page 1514 of 1672 FirstFirst ... 514101414141464150415121513151415151516152415641614 ... LastLast
Results 15,131 to 15,140 of 16718

Thread: Bus sketch'es 1.2.3.4.5.

Just a real caution from me to you, MacPloos. . . some of those warnings that say you've been hacked are actually hackers themselves impersonating Microsoft so as to get you to give them access to your credit cards, bank accounts and computer. I would be very suspicious because they do a good job making you feel like a fool and then they say they'll take care of you. . .if you do whatever they are saying you should.

They prey on old folks who are not computer savvy and are used to people fixing their computers. So be very careful lad to not give them anything or let them have remote access to your computer or let them put any software on your computer. So do you have a MAC or PC? I thought you were using Apple devices for a time.

Good luck.

Go man go!
    Last edited by D Akey; 09-25-2019 at 05:13 AM.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

I agree with Mr. Akey. Not too long ago I came home in the nick of time to stop my husband from being fooled by one of these hoaxes. He is not computer savvy and is very trusting. This particular scam started with bells and whistles (literally) to scare him and get him to cooperate with their instructions. He was told ring a certain number to switch off the alarm noise. Which he did. This is when I appeared on the scene and disconnected the call and switched off his computer. That was the end of it and no damage done thankfully.

So don't believe them when they say you are 'hacked' just switch of you computer, at the mains if necessary. When you reboot your browser might tell you that you closed down with browser windows open and ask if you want to restore them. Say No! Because you will open the scam site again.

Your computer is not compromised unless you give them remote control. Usually they are preying on frightened people in order to get them to pay sums of money to 'fix' their computers or get control of their bank accounts.

Two days ago I got a text message supposedly about a parcel delivery and requesting me to go to a certain site and give them my ID details. I deleted and then reported them.
    June.

Oh God of homeless things, look down
    And try to ease the way
    Of all the little weary paws
    That walk the world
    today.
    -
    Unknown.

http://enug66.deviantart.com/gallery/

[My setup: hp 15in laptop,11th Gen Intel Core i7-1165G7 @ 2.80GHz 2.70 GHz, 8.00 GB RAM, 24in Acer 2nd monitor, Huion Kamvas 20 Pro display tablet, Windows 11, ArtRage Vitae.
    My painting real-estate is extended across three monitors.]

Hi June. And. cap. Mac. Thanks. For. Info. Help. Yes I've. Turned off my. Computer Plus. Electric. Ok but. Will read more. Does. This effect my other gadgets. Like my 1st gen. iPad and my MacBook. air. And I've a. New. IPad. PRO.
    Which. I hav'nt managed. To connect due to. Me. Not being a. High. Tec. Person. ok. Will. Read more as
    To what your. Trying. To tell. Me. About remote control. And. Installed. Software. Ok. How do.I Find out ?????
    CIAO. Ploos. HASTA LA. VISTA. IVAYA CON. DIOS. SLAINTE

Hey, MacDoogle. Sounds like you have a full arsenal of gadgetry and gizmos. I think yer turnin' into a right lowland nerd.

"Remote" and all that shouldn't be something you need to learn. Point is, WHEN AND IF SOMEONE ASKS whether or not your screen on the internet screams a WARNING that your computer's been infected -- then it should fire up red flag warnings that they are almost certainly not to be trusted. It's like if some stranger on the street you'd never seen before asked for your house door key for when you're away, you would wonder what they're up to.

PozDrawSki sez: And then you would say "Piss off, ya bloody wanker".

Similar thing. You resort to that ONLY when someone is trying to con you. In normal times and if you haven't "handed them the key" this isn't an issue.

The rest of the time you should just have fun with your painting and relax.

Go man go!!!!
    Last edited by D Akey; 09-26-2019 at 03:16 AM.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

June, thank you for your advice to 80+ and agreeing with Mr.Akey. I too am
    NOT computer wise. I understand how to delete if one receives one of those
    "come ons" but who do you report this to?
    Thanks for your help.
    Abby-Helen

Hi. Abby. Yes. I'm in the same. Boat. . IVAYA. CON. DIOS. CIAO

As I am in Australia I report to https://www.scamwatch.gov.au/ and filled out an online form -
    you probably have something similar where you are.
    June.

Oh God of homeless things, look down
    And try to ease the way
    Of all the little weary paws
    That walk the world
    today.
    -
    Unknown.

http://enug66.deviantart.com/gallery/

[My setup: hp 15in laptop,11th Gen Intel Core i7-1165G7 @ 2.80GHz 2.70 GHz, 8.00 GB RAM, 24in Acer 2nd monitor, Huion Kamvas 20 Pro display tablet, Windows 11, ArtRage Vitae.
    My painting real-estate is extended across three monitors.]

UK
    https://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rig...-report-a-scam

USA
    https://www.usa.gov/common-scams-frauds

Good advice on these sites, but you have many of them also coming from foreign countries and not sure what they can do about them other than be mindful.

D Akey,
    Thank you for the information.
    I hope I never have to use it.
    Abby-Helen

Hi. Abby. Cap. Mac. June Thanks. As I,m just. Coming up. For some Air. Ok. As. I've. Been switched off. Ok. So. Just
    Wondering. If its ok. To switch back on. My main computer. .?? As I,m on my 1gen IPad at the moment. Or go back
    To sleep. CIAO. Ploos. IVAYA. CON. DIOS. SLAINTE.