ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Open PTG Files From Mail and Dropbox

Open PTG Files From Mail and Dropbox

Many apps support opening files that are email attachments or selected from the Dropbox app. For example, in Dropbox if I select a PDF and press the export but it let's me select from several apps that can open PDF files.

Please do that one!

sending and receiving via Dropbox and email ... great idea!

Dropbox integration would be great. Of course, if they do that and Apple includes a filing system in the next OS upgrade, or otherwise makes Dropbox moot, it would have been kind of a waste. Then again, maybe it's wishful thinking on my part to expect Apple to provide new ways to get around using iTunes.

I'm not asking for something as complex as Dropbox integration.

I think iOS allows developers to register file types. For example, in the Mail app, when I click a PDF files it lists the apps I can open the file in. Some apps I have that support PDF files aren't listed because the developer didn't register the file type as supported.

I think if ArtRage registered the PTG filetype any app that has the Open With command, such as Dropbox, Mail, and Safari, will automatically send PTG files to ArtRage.

Oh, right on. That didn't occur to me, obv.

Been looking at this today and let's just say chances are good!
    Matt
    ArtRage UI
    Ambient Design.