ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Garden Path

Garden Path

I thought I would try to do a landscape...my first try...let me know what you really think
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Try to see as many angles of vision as possible...no single one of us has a "handle" on the whole picture.

You started with a rather complex composition as Your first landscape, dear mate!
    The structure and movement of this scenario is good (and the focus on the closer field while dissolving behind to keep the attention where You wish), but You should look for some specific and well defined object to be placed where the sight eventually land. Moreover, use some reference to get indications on the tonal range (which looks possibly too narrow here) so as to sketch the different tonal areas (unless You wish to use appropriate contrasting colors and colored greys no matter how much similar to real ones).
    Details are needed only later on and You may even make some quick copy excercise on pictures to grasp some hints and clues on how best simulate shapes and textures (through diferent tools, settings and papers) according to Your style ....
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

A fine start Semd and some great pointers from Cesare
    Treat Others as you wish to be treated

http://mannafig.deviantart.com/

well 74 it proves your happy with colour detail will come later as you improve my problem was with the path as I nearly fell over as wasn't sure which was path or wall just a small point ok overall for 1st attempt good

I do appreciate your comments and your advice has been most helpful...
    Try to see as many angles of vision as possible...no single one of us has a "handle" on the whole picture.