ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: brush size

Gallery
    View images

brush size

Is there a way to get the brushes to go larger? I saw a reference to a 500% brush in an earlier post but no description of how to do that.
    When working on large images (3000 pixels and up), all the tools with the exception of the roller get considerably smaller.
    Thanks
    Leo

Gallery
    View images
    As an 'undocumented feature':
    Click on the size % number in the brush preview. Now you can enter a text value up to 500%

This is undocumented because it doesn't make a lot of sense. We're working on a better way to have larger brushes for large documents.
    AndyRage's mantra for graphics engine code:
    "Sure - how hard can it be?"

Gallery
    View images
    Yippie... thank you

Gallery
    View images
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyRage
    As an 'undocumented feature':
    Click on the size % number in the brush preview. Now you can enter a text value up to 500%

This is undocumented because it doesn't make a lot of sense. We're working on a better way to have larger brushes for large documents.
    Hi, your newest newbie here....

hmmmm?

Where do i find the brush preview, please??

Thank you,
    Sabine

Gallery
    View images
    The brush preview (or stroke preview) is in the corner of the bottom left tool panel.
    You can click and drag left or right to quickly size the stroke.
    Or you can click on the % indicator to enter any value up to 500%
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    AndyRage's mantra for graphics engine code:
    "Sure - how hard can it be?"

Gallery
    View images
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyRage
    The brush preview (or stroke preview) is in the corner of the bottom left tool panel.
    You can click and drag left or right to quickly size the stroke.
    Or you can click on the % indicator to enter any value up to 500%
    Ahaaaa, Andy......thank so so much for the quick answer, very helpful....

Since i got your attention, could you please help me with another "unsolvable"....(so far)....problem?

How can i shrink the screen size of the ArtRage program just a little bit -
    ie i can hardly see the bottom line of the color palette - or the plus sign at the tool palette. Had to move my "dock" (mac user) to the side...

I hope, i am making myself clear enough.

Thank you so much in advance!
    Sabine

Gallery
    View images
    I'll answer the screen sizing one!

At the moment, there are three ways to size the OS X version of ArtRage. You can run it in a 1024 x 768 window (the default), you can make it take over the screen using the Full Screen button next to the 'X' on the ArtRage top menu bar (not the OS X menu bar), or you can make it take up the screen minus the area of the dock using the standard green + button on the window titlebar.

That + button method will size it so that it takes up the screen minus the dock area. The Full Screen method isn't good if your dock is not set to auto-hide, as it takes over the full screen area and can get under the dock. It's good when you want to have the whole environment set aside for painting.

There's no manual sizing of the window at this point because the OS X window sizing handle gets in the way of the colour picker when it's visible and I didn't want to expand the window by having scroll bars hanging around on the edges, particularly when we don't actually use them. I am looking at potential solutions for this for a future release.

Hope that helps!
    Matt
    ArtRage UI
    Ambient Design.

Gallery
    View images
    Quote Originally Posted by MattRage
    I'll answer the screen sizing one!

At the moment, there are three ways to size the OS X version of ArtRage. You can run it in a 1024 x 768 window (the default), you can make it take over the screen using the Full Screen button next to the 'X' on the ArtRage top menu bar (not the OS X menu bar), or you can make it take up the screen minus the area of the dock using the standard green + button on the window titlebar.

That + button method will size it so that it takes up the screen minus the dock area. The Full Screen method isn't good if your dock is not set to auto-hide, as it takes over the full screen area and can get under the dock. It's good when you want to have the whole environment set aside for painting.

There's no manual sizing of the window at this point because the OS X window sizing handle gets in the way of the colour picker when it's visible and I didn't want to expand the window by having scroll bars hanging around on the edges, particularly when we don't actually use them. I am looking at potential solutions for this for a future release.

Hope that helps!

Thank you, Matt - yes, it helps - but only in regards knowing what the scoop is

I reset my screen to 1344x840 and that allows now some visibility. Will
    try it out.

Thank you so much for your help.

Sabine