ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: 300 dpi resolution

300 dpi resolution

I just bought artrage2, but being a newbie about this nice app, i wonder if there is a way to set up directly a 300 dpi resolution in a "cm" or "mm" canvas size...
    Any suggestions?
    ©raw painter©

Currently in ArtRage, there isn't any support for setting the DPI of images, or doing DPI calcluations for images size.
    ArtRage has a native DPI of 75 (to match typical monitor resolution).

However, the calculation is relatively simple.
    DPI = Dots per Inch.
    There are 2.54 cm per inch. (or 25.4 mm per inch).

To convert from centimetres to pixels, do this.
    Take your number of cm, divide by 2.54 to convert to inches, multiply by 300 to get the number of pixels.
    For example: I want a picture 15cm x 11cm at 300DPI
    15cm / 2.54 = 5.9 inches. Times 300 = 1770 pixels.
    11cm / 2.54 = 4.33 inches. Times 300 = 1299 pixels.

So your 15cm x 11cm picture at 300 DPI = 1770 x 1299 pixels.
    Note, however, that to get it to print at that exact size, you will need to use an application other than ArtRage for print output. Export it from ArtRage as a Photoshop PSD, or as a PNG, and import that into the appliction from which you want to print.
    AndyRage's mantra for graphics engine code:
    "Sure - how hard can it be?"

Quote Originally Posted by AndyRage
    However, the calculation is relatively simple.
    DPI = Dots per Inch.
    There are 2.54 cm per inch. (or 25.4 mm per inch).
    Thanx for the explanation,
    I just wanted to check if there's a such feature, but without any calculation i could just set a blank page, at the size i like better, in DPI into photoshop or graphic converter, save it in the right format.. then import it in artrage. I should obtain a canvas at the size that i need but in real pixel.
    Of course, Artrage have amazing features specially if compared at the small price that it cost, but being an advertising and publishing illustrator, I always need to produce a final artwork at 300 dpi and CMYK. So, i will need to pre-and-post-produce in a different application, however it doesn't matter: artrage is cool.
    ©raw painter©