ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: First Try with Watercolors

1. First Try with Watercolors

Here is mt first try at a landscape with watercolors in Art Rage.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sunrise snowscape-sm.jpg 
Views:	74 
Size:	89.2 KB 
ID:	51153  

Thumbs up

Simply magnificent!

Blessings and thanks for shariing,
    GigiCharm

The sky in this is pretty good, but I'd keep working on the trees if you want this to look really good.

Personally I'd start by using a small eraser to taper down those blunt branches and make them look more pointy - only dead trees have blunt ends to their branches. Next, I would go along the edges of the trunks and larger branches with a small amount of very pale yellow on the sides facing the sun. To finish off, you could use an air brush set to low pressure and opacity to give the highlighted areas a bit of a glow/shine.

You might also want to try experimenting with the palette knife settings, as this tool can give you some lovely textures.

I hope you find this advice useful!

I think this would benefit from a canvas texture. Also try experimenting with the palette knife wet blender presets on your watercolors. You will be amazed at what a great tool that is for softening watercolor edges and making them look more like watercolor.