ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Forest Festivities

Forest Festivities

Hello! I've been using ArtRage 2.5 for a month and am amazed what I can do with this program! I usually work until the wee hours, so I post into the Gallery and go to sleep!. But tonight, I wanted to say thanks to all who post here for all the valuable info and inspiration! My name is Deb and all comments are welcome!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Nice painting, Deb and welcome to the forum
    Try to see as many angles of vision as possible...no single one of us has a "handle" on the whole picture.

This painting is magnificent and has a special lighting and atmosphere, so joyful, intimate even in this majestic and cold natural environment.
    I like the dwelling in here; I guess its a hobbit's home.
    Season greetings, welcome and congratulations for such a valuable contribution!
    Last edited by Caesar; 12-16-2010 at 12:59 AM.
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

So lovely to look at. And merry Christmas to you and welcome to AR.

Welcome to the forum Deb, and thanks for sharing your fine painting with us.
    Looking forward to seeing more of your work.
    Merry Christmas!
    My Gallery:

http://members.artrage.com/vb_users/2939
    Deviant Art Gallery:

Thank you all!

Thank you all for your kind words and greetings! I love intimate forest and garden scenes and wanted to do a cozy one for our Christmas card. Glad you all liked it! And yes, Caesar, someone or something very small lives here!

Deb. Welcome! What a great 1st painting posted here and I know what you mean by wee hours of the morn. Time fly's!! A great Christmas Painting!
    Here is a hint (I painted lights before so I know how this goes.) If you want your lights to really shine use another layer and put just a tiny dot of white (or very near white with a hint of the lights color) on each bulb. I see you have done this already to some extent. Give it a try, it really works. Provided that's what you want. If not, never mind.
    My real name is Neal Gilbertson, AKA Gilbert Neilson, AKA Jibes.
    I'm a musician too. Please come hear my music at:
    http://www.icompositions.com/artists/jibes

Thank you for the hint, Jibes! I airbrushed a glow around each light, but didn't think of the white spot--next time!

Deb - Good Work!!! I discovered Ar last year, and have never been so re-energized by anything like I was with it. When AR Pro came out, it just ampped me up that much more. So I think I know of what you speak.
    My Website - SkylarArt.com
    "Beauty Draws those who Draw Beauty" - Skylar