Thread: deleting presets?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

deleting presets?

I've been playing around with the sticker brush and noticed I can import PS brushes into it, which is a really nice feature, but then when I select one of the new brush heads in the presets and adjust its spray parameters and save that preset I want to remove the first imported brush but can't find any way of doing that.

For example if I bring in a "cloud brush" and adjust the way it scatters to get it just right, then I save that as "cloud 01" or something..How can i remove the initial cloud brush?
    Also, while on the subject, how do you get the little thumbnail next to the preset? They import with a pic next to their name but when i save a new preset I just get a stock img of the sticker brush.

Same goes for deleting groups in the sticker sheet menu, I can make groups just fine but cant seem to delete them :P

I'm probably just overlooking something really obvious

Hi,

Currently, the only way to delete the presets is to go into the folder they are saved to. An easy way to find the folder is to open ArtRage, then select the Sticker Spray tool. Then open the Presets panel, click on it's menu tab (tab with four black horizontal lines) and select "Open Users Tools Presets Folder". You may then delete the presets you no longer need (be sure to close and open ArtRage after doing so).
    Nothing is easy to the unwilling.

ah I see.
    Hope they improve upon that in future releases.

Any ideas on getting the small icon next to the preset?

Quote Originally Posted by Layer01 View Post
    ah I see.
    Hope they improve upon that in future releases.

I believe that others have asked for way to delete them while in ArtRage, as well, so maybe we'll see that in the future.

Any ideas on getting the small icon next to the preset?
    Sure have. There's actually two ways to do it

First Method
    :
    1 - Use your tool to make some marks on your canvas, that best represent what the preset can do.

2 - Open the Preset Panel (if it isn't already opened), by clicking on the Preset Pod.

3 - Click on the Preset Panels "New Preset" button.

4 - If it's a completely new Preset, give the Preset a unique name. If you're looking to overwrite an existing preset (if you like this one better, or you just want to add a new Icon image), give it the same name as the one you wish to overwrite.

5 - To give it an Icon image, click on the image box that has the tool icon in it (see attached image below), and select the option to "Sample Preview Image" to open the Icon window.

Name:  iconcreate.jpg
Views: 1264
Size:  33.0 KB

6 - Left click on the Icons top bar to drag the window over the part of your canvas that best represents what your preset will do. If you need to, you may rescale the Icon window somewhat by holding down "Ctrl" and Left click dragging your mouse over the top of the Icon Window (right where it says, "Icon"). Click on the Check Mark tab to take a snap shot of the area, when you're ready.

8 - Be sure you have selected the proper group to place the new preset, and click on "OK" to save it.
    Second Method:
    1 - Use the tool to create an image that best represents the preset you're about to create.

2 - Export the image as a .PNG or .Jpeg image type.

3 - Click on the Preset Panels "New Preset" button.

4 - If it's a completely new Preset, give the Preset a unique name. If you're looking to overwrite an existing preset (if you like this one better, or you just want to add a new Icon image), give it the same name as the one you wish to overwrite.

5 - To give it an Icon image, click on the image box that has the tool icon in it (see attached image below), and select the option to "Load Preview Image".

Name:  iconcreate.jpg
Views: 1264
Size:  33.0 KB

6 - Use the browser window that opens to locate the image that you exported in step 2.

7 - Be sure you have selected the proper group to place the new preset, and click on "OK" to save it.
    Here's a video tutorial I made a while back on how to create and manage presets, which covers much of this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_YZwGF7WjI
    Nothing is easy to the unwilling.

I vote "Someonesane" for the "Most helpful person on Artrage forums"!
    "I'm a fuel injected suicide machine. I am the rocker, I am the roller, I am the out-of-controller!"

agreed

Thanks SS

Quote Originally Posted by Someonesane View Post
    Hi,

Currently, the only way to delete the presets is to go into the folder they are saved to. An easy way to find the folder is to open ArtRage, then select the Sticker Spray tool. Then open the Presets panel, click on it's menu tab (tab with four black horizontal lines) and select "Open Users Tools Presets Folder". You may then delete the presets you no longer need (be sure to close and open ArtRage after doing so).
    Delete presets from Toolbox is hold down alt key then select the preset to be removed. But that doesn't work on Tools Presets panel, is this still the only way to delete presets? Seven years later...coughs.
    Hardware:
    Windows 10 Pro Hexcore workstation 24GB + Cintiq 22HD, Windows 10 Surface Pro 4 i5

Quote Originally Posted by javafuel View Post
    Delete presets from Toolbox is hold down alt key then select the preset to be removed. But that doesn't work on Tools Presets panel, is this still the only way to delete presets? Seven years later...coughs.
    Right click on the preset > Delete preset. Done.

(You can only delete the default presets in version 5 onwards, - the resources system has changed and now allows you to restore default content later if needed).

Quote Originally Posted by HannahRage View Post
    Right click on the preset > Delete preset. Done.

(You can only delete the default presets in version 5 onwards, - the resources system has changed and now allows you to restore default content later if needed).
    Awesome! Thanks Hannah. I've tried everything except right click, haha.
    Hardware:
    Windows 10 Pro Hexcore workstation 24GB + Cintiq 22HD, Windows 10 Surface Pro 4 i5

I do like easy questions