ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Terrain tiles

Terrain tiles

Hi everyone,

I need to illustrate some terrain tiles that I need for a strategy game, like Catan.
    Any idea how to represent trees, shrubs? The view is from above and the shape of the piece is hexagonal.

Any ideas on how to start? Some brushes or stickers?

Salut,
    Josep

Nice idea Thanks, I will try..

Salut,
    Josep

Forest canopy

Hi Henry

I am working with a few guys upgrading an old WWI flight sim. The forest canopy tiles look OKis in the editor, but when in the game, GLIDE creates splotchy patches which do not resemble a forest at all. The low res forest image you posted is interesting in that it holds potential to bring the quality higher to affect the in-game image. I plowed around Goggleearth etc looking for a solution, but so far the images are too high altitude to work. My job on the team is grunt work in many areas, and leading the team, but I need a technical solution to be able to make a crispy 2048 or 2x that to make a solid forest image. Do you know a link that puts me in the middle of that type of image?

Thanks