ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Reference Image on second Monitor

  1. #1

    Reference Image on second Monitor

    I am currently using two monitors and can generally move everything from one monitor to the other except for my reference image.

    My large monitor contains the canvas and my laptop screen has all the menus, expanded pods etc.. I loaded a reference image and it appeared on my large monitor, however when I went to drag onto my laptop screen it just disappeared. Any reason as to why this does not work or am I missing something here ?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    204
    Quote Originally Posted by Clayton View Post
    I am currently using two monitors and can generally move everything from one monitor to the other except for my reference image.

    My large monitor contains the canvas and my laptop screen has all the menus, expanded pods etc.. I loaded a reference image and it appeared on my large monitor, however when I went to drag onto my laptop screen it just disappeared. Any reason as to why this does not work or am I missing something here ?

    Have you tried enlarging the program window to the second monitor by clicking and dragging on the right side? Does that work?

    Which ArtRage are you using, btw?

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Ambient Design
    Posts
    3,502
    Reference images exist within the space of the canvas and aren't separate panels like the ArtRage interface panels, so can't be dragged to a separate monitor at this point.
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    204
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveRage View Post
    Reference images exist within the space of the canvas and aren't separate panels like the ArtRage interface panels, so can't be dragged to a separate monitor at this point.

    Yes they can be dragged to a seperate monitor-I just did it!

    Position the mouse pointer on the right hand side of the ArtRage window frame and drag it to the second monitor. When that is done, load the reference image and drag it from monitor 1 to monitor 2. Now move the canvas so that it sits entirely on monitor 1 by clicking and dragging on the canvas mover. This is using ArtRage 3 Pro, btw.

    That's it! :-)

  5. #5
    First of all I'm using ArtRage 3 Pro.

    Doug: I tried your technique, unfortunately it did not work. Not sure what I am doing wrong. I'm sure the Ragers will change this in a future version, however I can make do with just displaying the image using another program.

    Many thanks though.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    204
    Quote Originally Posted by Clayton View Post
    First of all I'm using ArtRage 3 Pro.

    Doug: I tried your technique, unfortunately it did not work. Not sure what I am doing wrong. I'm sure the Ragers will change this in a future version, however I can make do with just displaying the image using another program.

    Many thanks though.
    Hmm..that's odd that it works here but not for you. Maybe it's your operating system-I'm using Windows 7 Home Premium. What OS are you on?

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Ambient Design
    Posts
    3,502
    Quote Originally Posted by Doug B View Post
    Yes they can be dragged to a seperate monitor-I just did it!

    Position the mouse pointer on the right hand side of the ArtRage window frame and drag it to the second monitor. When that is done, load the reference image and drag it from monitor 1 to monitor 2. Now move the canvas so that it sits entirely on monitor 1 by clicking and dragging on the canvas mover. This is using ArtRage 3 Pro, btw.

    That's it! :-)
    Ahh right, I see what you mean. So, in your case it sounds like you've set up the ArtRage window so that it spans both monitors. If so, then reference images can be dragged to either screen as they exist within the ArtRage window. Hadn't thought of that!
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •