ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: How do I ?

How do I ?

Hello; I recently purchased Pro and absolutely love it. With that being said; I am still learning the in and outs of the program. I am working on this drawing as a logo for the bass fishing club that I belong to. I'm running into a problem. I gave the sketch to a buddy in the club and he put the lettering on it. Well it's not right, the y is out of place.
    What I would like to find out is if there is some sort of "Dodge" tool that I can go over the lettering and start it from scratch so to speak.
    I greatly appreciate any and all input.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ccbm re paint.jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	62.5 KB 
ID:	50892  

Do you still have the file you send to your friend? If he only draw the letters on, then there is nothing changed but the letters.
    otherwise, you can select the letter Y and move it where you like

hope that helped

He has the origional sketch on paper then he did the lettering. I'm not sure if he actually drew them on the paper then scanned it in or scanned it before the lettering was put on. I got an e-mail with the lettering being on it. So I went from there with it after trying the pro demo.
    Now I am at the point of needing to fix the lettering. I'm just not sure how to do it.
    Sorry for any confusion

Hi there,

If the text was placed in another program, it may be possible for the person who added it to realign the letter in that program.

Otherwise, you could copy the letter to a new layer, then realign it and tidy up around it:

Selecting and Copying the Letter

1/ Choose the selection tool from the tool picker
    2/ Open the settings panel, choose the 'freehand' mode
    3/ Zoom in a bit to make the image easier to work with ( the + button in the top menu bar )
    4/ Drag a shape around the letter you want to move
    5/ Now go to the Edit menu and select copy
    6/ Go back to the Edit menu and select paste

Repositioning the letter

You've now pasted the selected area on to a new layer. ( If you have the layers panel open you'll see it above your previous layer ). You'll see a box with handles around it. You can use these to rotate or move the pasted letter then click outside them or press the enter key on your keyboard to confirm the change.

Tidying up

Now you'll need to tidy up a bit. You can clear your selection by going to Edit -> Delelect all. If the area you pasted is overlapping the letter t on the previous layer, you can carefully erase that part to show it again with the eraser tool.

If you need to paint in the background colour anywhere around your newly placed letter,first select the background colour by clicking on the eyedropper tool then clicking on the background. Now select the ink pen tool and you can draw in the same colour as the background.

General Tips

If you make a mistake, you can use the undo button in the top menu bar to go back a step. Also, if you use this method, you're working on a new layer so you can also delete the new layer and start over without changing the original image.

Handy pages of the manual ( Help -> ArtRage Help ) relating to the information above would be:

Page 30 - Covers the buttons in the top menu bar
    Page 82 - Selections
    Page 84 - Transformations

I hope that's of some help.
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design

Thank you very much this definately helps. I think it is a matter of learning the full potential of the program, it all is amazing. Do you happen to know if in the future there would be some sort of dodge tool possibly availiable?

Quote Originally Posted by GnR454 View Post
    Thank you very much this definately helps. I think it is a matter of learning the full potential of the program, it all is amazing. Do you happen to know if in the future there would be some sort of dodge tool possibly availiable?

The Ink Pen, Gloop, and Airbrush allow for a color dodge (and other blend modes) in the settings panel (on AR Studio Pro, not sure about Studio). You could also create a new layer, and change it's blend mode to color dodge, which would allow you to use the other tools for color dodging effects.
    Nothing is easy to the unwilling.