ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: An Old Fashioned Christmas Tree Angel

An Old Fashioned Christmas Tree Angel

I tried to make her face like an angel we had on our tree growing up. She was made of wax and wore gold paper clothing and wings. My mother purchased her when we lived in Germany and she still has her and the original box. She will always be so special to me.

I will go back and touch her up and make corrections in time. I have been a little sick and need to do much better.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

WOW Sandra...gorgeous painting...hope you feel better soon
    Try to see as many angles of vision as possible...no single one of us has a "handle" on the whole picture.

Sandra, sorry to hear that you are not feeling well, none the less you have done a great job on her.....get well soon

Sandra, hope your well soon, what a wonderful memory and your beautiful angel is lovely. I still have some xmas bulbs ( a small part bubbled up and down in the tube of the candle ) that were used on our tree at home about 60 years ago

Sandy, this is just beautiful...Really well done.
    Go down to the store, buy a quart of Jack Daniels Black, and a bottle of asprin.
    Throw away the aspirin, and drink the quart.
    It won't fix your cold, but you won't care..
    My Gallery:

http://members.artrage.com/vb_users/2939
    Deviant Art Gallery:

Simply adorable. Many old fashion Christmas decorations are never go out of fashion.

I to remember the ornaments on our tree when I was young and know how special these memories are. This is a beautiful angel Get well soon!!

Steve74, Pat, Jean, Mike, Jasmine, and Steve365, Thanks so much dear friends!
    I started my natural healing supplements today. I went to my herbal shop and bought natural no synthetic supplements. I feel so much better! I should not have put this off. Ester C is my new best friend. My son is doing great too. Thanks for your well wishes dear friends it means so much to me.

It's a very nice angel elegantly dressed acconding to the old fashion way.
    In Germany and Austria there are so many beautiful and elegant objects and decorations for Christmas, maybe some a little excessively elaborated, often made of natural materials You may find in the woods, that I bet You still keep nice memories of them looking at this angel.

Glad Your healing is working. As for the aspirin, provided there's a strong protection of the stomach, it's not such an unnatural medecine. After all the acetylsalicylic acid extracted from the willow (bark I guess), as the Latin etymology says, was used also by ancient Egyptian as a remedy.
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

Hi Cesare, Thank you so much. Her angel is so much more beautiful, I think because she is so plain and so simple, but her little wax face was hand painted so beautifully, by whom, I will always wonder. I am silly that way. I love hand made things most of all.
    Last edited by Alexandra; 12-04-2010 at 03:06 AM.