ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: self portrait with IPad

self portrait with IPad

I can't draw with my finger i've got to get a pen
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2010_1127ipad0001.JPG 
Views:	52 
Size:	364.7 KB 
ID:	50739  

Try using the good smooth end of one of those fat plastic knitting needles or some- such. There are lots of things about that can be used--even the wrong end of a ball-point pen--just make sure it's good and smooth. A bright young chap like you could even make your own !!

looks a bit like a Jesus.

P.S. there are some videos on you tube of how to make your own stylus wrapping aluminum foil around a pencil and adding a bit of sponge, but you can buy a professionally made one for 14.95 U.S. the pogo stylus by ten one design. or there is another one a bit more expensive around 29.00 U.S. by just/mobile called alupen that is a bit easier to grip.
    http://www.beatweek.com/iphone/ipodi...ylus-for-ipad/
    Knitting needles won't work... not conductive.
    Last edited by screenpainter; 12-02-2010 at 05:13 PM.

I've had pretty good luck with a home made stylus. My favorite is made by sticking a small piece of kitchen sponge in the end of a plastic straw and wrapping the straw with aluminum foil. Plastic alone doesn't work. It needs to be conductive.

Wonderful first try. I hope you have fun with your iPad.

thanks Franc Gzair Jim for your help I'll try and get a pen but Snow has stopped play but had ago with finger again getting better found its better with a light touch but not easy for a hamfisted old sod yeah

_____E/S

I knew You actually were a guru, dear ATP! You performed great with Your finger (on the iPAD, not the nose ...). Listening tomate's suggestion for a homemade pen, I anxiously look forward to see the marvels You will roll out once You assemble Your new magic wand for drawing ....
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

Caesar I can't stop laughing either or should it be iether I'm blowed if i know pehaps its nither or it nether

It looks like Bill Gaines, Father of MAD Magazine!

thanks icepulse wish I was that young

Yeah, well that picture is 30 years old, so don't be too hard on yourself! You're here, and Gaines is long gone.

Just saw your "Fagin" in your gallery area. Brilliant! Is that a copy?