ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Need Help on Creating Sticker

Need Help on Creating Sticker

Dear friends,

Just got the pro. and so excited about creating stickers. Have worked on this problem for a while and reread some instructions several times, I broke down and need advice please.!

I use a black and white png file, fill it to become red with fill tool. The output is very flat so I shaded the black and white/gray with airbrush and the result is the 3rd attached picture, very uneven. I shaded it with different tools, turned out lumpy just the same, is there a trick I missed?

My advance, grateful thanks for the help.

Jasminek
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Hi Jasminek,

Maybe I'm not fully grasping your question, but I think you're asking for a way to change the hue of the flower to red, while keeping the details in there, correct? You might want to give the Adjust Color panel a try. Be sure to have pure red selected in the color picker (Red: 255, Green: 0, Blue: 0), then select the layer with the flower on it, and go to Edit > Adjust Layer Colors to open the Adjust Colors panel. With it open, check the option for Colorize with Paint Color, and then drag the slide bar for Color to the right, so that it reads 100%, then click OK.

Here's a video demonstration of these steps: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FqXqrUTqsyk
    Nothing is easy to the unwilling.

Thanks so much, I will try again.

Somehow I thought the shade adjustment was on the black/gray layer.

I will watch the tutorial you posted, this one I have not seen it yet.

Thanks again dear SS.

Hi SS,

This is the result of using "Adjust Layer Color", thanks so much for the tutorial.

This is from a picture I took and make the gray scale by Paint Shop then make a layer red with "Adjust the Layer Color" to pure red.

Attachment:
    1. original picture
    2. Red Layer
    3. Black Layer
    4. Result - Fushia
    5. Result - Yellow

Question are - Why is the result's texture so rough? Is there any way to make the result's texture a little smoother?

Sincere thanks in advance.
    Attached Images Attached Images      

Hello again Jasminek,

Are you filling in more then just the "Color" cell in the sticker creator panel? Adding images to the Texture, Gloss, and Metallic cells will create varying results to the finished stickers appearance, because they allow the sticker to interact with ArtRages 3D light rendering. For the most part, I use only the single Lower Layer Color cell when creating my stickers, as seen the first example of my attached image below. As you can see in the other examples I've included in the screen shot, adding, and varying the other cell images will change the end results quite a bit in some cases.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	flower_ex2.jpg 
Views:	134 
Size:	392.5 KB 
ID:	50706

Dear SS,

Sorry it took me a litlle longer this time to make sure that this old brain of mine understand.

I took time to look at the tutorials you and Judy and sommeone else on advance sticker makingof Silentman again. Somehow I believed that in order to be able to change the sticker spray's color, I needed the "Texture"! And I don't understand what the difference between the "Upper" and "Lower" layers either, but I am sure I will adter going thru the tutorials a few more times.

At this time, from your help here I have enough to satisfy my curiousity and below is the results what I worked on.

Thanks so much again for your help.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Judy's Lilly - Result - Upper Layer.jpg 
Views:	83 
Size:	95.2 KB 
ID:	50760   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Judy's Lilly - Result - Lower Layer.jpg 
Views:	87 
Size:	77.7 KB 
ID:	50761  

Quote Originally Posted by Jasminek View Post
    Dear SS,

Sorry it took me a litlle longer this time to make sure that this old brain of mine understand.

No problem. It's the Internet, so I expect delays in responses.

I took time to look at the tutorials you and Judy and sommeone else on advance sticker makingof Silentman again. Somehow I believed that in order to be able to change the sticker spray's color, I needed the "Texture"!

Images added to the Texture cell, of either the Upper or Lower layers of the Sticker creator panel, will act to add lift to different areas of the sticker. A sticker may appear darker or lighter when using a texture map, but that will be due to how the 3d rendered light is hitting the sticker. It should change the actual hue of the sticker at all (see the example image below, where the left ring has no texture map, and the right ring does).

Name:  Texturemapex.png
Views: 239
Size:  73.7 KB

And I don't understand what the difference between the "Upper" and "Lower" layers either, but I am sure I will adter going thru the tutorials a few more times.

The Upper and Lower layers are just there for adding additional details to the sticker. For example, you could have the Lower Texture map add shape to the flat Color map, while the Upper Texture may be used to add a 3D texture to the image (see the attached image below, where the ring on the left has only a Lower Texture map, while the ring on right has an Upper and Lower layer Texture map).

Name:  Texturemapex2.png
Views: 250
Size:  93.9 KB

The Hue of a sticker can be changed in different ways. When pealing stickers from the sheet, one can place the sticker onto the canvas and then change the hue by right clicking on the sticker, selecting the "Sticker Tint" option from the menu, and then changing the color there. When using the Sticker Spray, one may make changes to hues of the stickers by making changes to the dials on the "Hue" row of the Stickers Variation Panel.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Texturemapex3.jpg 
Views:	108 
Size:	204.2 KB 
ID:	50764
    Last edited by Someonesane; 12-03-2010 at 06:11 AM.

Bless you dear SS for explaining more. Believe me, brains can age and the software such as ArtRage has new terminology that has fun confusing me.

I will do some more and may ask more, ones never know about a retired person like me.

Thanks again dear SS.