ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Up a tree...

Up a tree...

Fairly new here, but I've been a fan of artrage for a while... Thought I'd share the latest straight from my imagination.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	10-2-2010.jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	69.8 KB 
ID:	50653

What an intriguing and weird image! Very moody and evocative, even funny to some extent.
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

Interesting image in a very unique and fascinating style. Very cool!
    "The significance is hiding in the insignificant. Appreciate everything."
    Eckhart Tolle

What are all those little creatures in the tree...Welcome to the forums
    Try to see as many angles of vision as possible...no single one of us has a "handle" on the whole picture.

Quote Originally Posted by Caesar View Post
    What an intriguing and weird image! Very moody and evocative, even funny to some extent.
    Wow... I'm glad you got all of that out of it. That's pretty much exactly what I'd hope for in a review. lol... moody, evocative, and slightly funny

Quote Originally Posted by semd74
    What are all those little creatures in the tree...Welcome to the forums
    Thanks! For the most part I have no idea what they are, only that they're little creatures and that I took features from other animals to make them look more creature-like. The top middle one I wanted to look vaguely human-like in that it had a head an shoulders. The top right one I wanted to look like a combination of maybe a squid and a mushroom (a squishroom? or a muid?). I got the idea for the ones with top-knots and tails from cockatiels and cardinals so they could be birds of some kind, although I did put frog-legs on one of the tailed ones. I mainly just wanted them to look alive, and different from each other without looking like anything in particular. My goal with these kind of pics is for my imagination to lead me to different conclusions about the image whenever I come back to it. Some-times it even works!
    Last edited by greenbobb; 11-30-2010 at 04:44 AM. Reason: adding replies

greenbobb,
    If I were ever up a tree it would be among these strangely adorable
    birds, in particular I'd probably be hanging upside down beside that
    independant feather ball on the right ... more fun that way!

Great whimsey, great art work ... just love "Up a tree."
    Mairzie Dotes

Wow, really very very interesting image. Marvelous tree and athmosphere. Congratulations.

scuse me asking what's a cardinal, I always thought they were those church blokes enlighten me thanks

yup

They are indeed those church blokes. It just so happens that there's a kind of bird with the same groovy, red pajamas that are called cardinals as well.

Name:  cardinal.jpg
Views: 37
Size:  61.8 KB

G-bobb thanks they look good could do with some over here help brighten the place up the birds not the blokes in red--E/S