ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Harley Davidson Road King

Cool Harley Davidson Road King

This is my son-in-law's 1998 Harley Davidson Road King with ape hangers.

This drawing came out a lot better than I expected. This was done with pencil on white Cel. The paint and chrome was done with chalk then blurred with the palette knife. The chalk on Cel is like a mini super fast air brush that has a lot of control. The seat has a nice leather shine using this method with very little blur.

I used the ruler tool to measure dimensions and angles on a reference photo to hold a high precision (mechanical drawing method). All parts of this drawing were done freehand, except for ruler stencil tool for straight edges and the oval stencils used to establish the basic curves for the tires only.

White Cel is a must when doing fine lines and paint requiring sharp control. White Cel is 100% Opacity, 0% Metallic,0% Roughness, & 0% Grain Size.

The text feature of ArtRage works GREAT!!!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Bobs Harley 2 Titled.jpg 
Views:	723 
Size:	209.4 KB 
ID:	50640  
    Last edited by steverino365; 11-29-2010 at 10:38 AM. Reason: Add more comments

WOW...this is EYE POPPIN...Great drawing
    Try to see as many angles of vision as possible...no single one of us has a "handle" on the whole picture.

WOW, this is wonderful and thanks for the info

Excellent work I use cell with chalk when I draw flowers, it is wonderful for blending and great for getting an opaque feel to petals
    Bumble on deviantART
    Bumble's Photos
    Friendship is the song in your heart and friends are the ones who sing it back to you when you forget the words.

You got better and better, dear Steve! Perfection is within Your reach now!
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

Perfect in every sense...hope it is not too noisy...beautiful machine painted beautifully.

fantastic always wanted one but the best I ever had was a 250 yamaha wich was good for the town but no good on the open road I was lucky thou as It got pinched, I'm still here, as I was quite Mad might never have found I could draw you just have to laugh thanks for the memories
    Steve

WOW WOW .... I've been watching his work, though in silence for lack of time, but you are a teacher as a good machine is concerned, my two thumbs up for you. Congratulations

Thank you all for the great feedback!! This was a blast to do and the owner loves it