ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Pope 111

Pope 111

pope with granson's when did they change the Rule's
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pope  111.jpg 
Views:	68 
Size:	163.9 KB 
ID:	50555  

Dear ATP, this is from an unfinished painting of Titien (actually Tiziano, Tiziano Vecellio precisely, since he wasn't French, but Italian, Venitian in particular). This is pope Paulus III, from the most renown Farnese family, illustrious patron and collectors of arts.
    The two men were not his gransons though You messed with the translation since in Italian the word "nipote", plural "nipoti" stands for both "grandsons/ granddaughter" and "nephews/ niece".The gender, whether male or female as well as singular or plural is suggested by the article.
    I wouldn't swear at all that no catholic priests, bishops and even popes did not have sons, but officially they couldn't since about 1050 a.C.
    As a matter of fact the long list of popes in the Vatican site show a number of them considered saints, but also a considerable number who weren't declared so or even worse (not considering the anti-popes) ... Fortunately it looks like the Holy Spirit was able to cope well enough also with quite unadequate human material since a couple of millennia and still find few good enough tools to work on and get amazing results.

... I'm the one on the right, by the way!
    Last edited by Caesar; 11-26-2010 at 03:27 AM.
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

Caesar sorry about that the Quote Pope with granson's Yeah I thought look like you did you have to kiss the ring ??? only pulling your Leg