ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Single Lotus - Water Color

Single Lotus - Water Color

Hi,

Just to comfort myself to face the winter and pratice water color.

All done in water color and little knife. Used reference picture of a temple's web page.

Lotus is normally associated with Buddism. In the scriptures the Lord Buddha taught about people's types that there are 3 types, one is like a seed under the mud, covered with mud, could be eaten by fish or turtle. This type normally cannot understand how to be good, interpret things their way and could be easily be led to be radicals.

The second type of people is like the sprout coming out of the lotus seed, pushing towards light to be above water. This type of people, there is hope to be taught the right way, he also said most people are this type. I wonder he was talking about HIS time 2553 years ago!

The third is like the above water lotus, intelligent enough to be guided to do the right things for the mankind, no matter how little he/she can do but he/she can be counted on to be a responsible person.

Just a little information that some of you might find it interesting.

Any comments and advice are appreciated.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Beautiful water color painting Jasmine...Love it!!!
    Try to see as many angles of vision as possible...no single one of us has a "handle" on the whole picture.

Thank you Alexandra and Semd74. I used grainy paper in this painting, sometimes it looks like is raining, wonder why? Appreciate if someone can answer that.

It's a gentle and fine painting and the rain effect just great!
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

This is so beautiful and I love the colors.
    Valerie

Thanks so much dear Caesar and Valerie.

No advice needed Just beautiful!!

I strive to be the water Lotus that pops out to the surface. I also strive to paint as well as you do with water colour. Love it.
    TeresaW
    My Art blog can be found here and
    PaperTree's Images in the ArtRage Gallery can be found here.

The lotus You painted so exquisitely with watercolors is wonderful and luminous indeed.
    Very interesting teaching by Buddha. To complement this cultural information and piece of wisdom, I see a parallel with Jesus' seeds parable (indicating God's word possible effects, from the least to the most durable, as falling in different grounds, i.e. people).
    It's also interesting to know that Lotus was seen as a most important symbol to ancien Egyptians, millennia before either Buddha or Jesus Christ appeared.
    Panta rei (everything flows)!