ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Artrage in laptop,and desktop

Artrage in laptop,and desktop

Question: I'm going to register the full Studio pro of Artrage on Friday. I have this desktop, and I have my laptop, that I take with me, when my work travels me, and other times. So, I downloaded the studio pro in both, and will that be a problem when I go to register it, to put it into my laptop?

Hotel rooms=either World of Warcraft, or nothing. Having Artrage in my laptop will completely change how I look at boring hotel rooms. Heck,I use it as often in my laptop as I do in my desktop,but my desktop has the printer. But I use it in my desktop when I'm finish working. Can I put it in both?

Yes. I live in a motorhome and have Artrage on my laptop. I also have it on my 90 year old mothers computer for when I go to help nurse her. I have just updated the copy on her computer to 3.08. My laptop went to version 3.08 the day it was released.
    It would be handy though if you had some sort of online tool box where you could store your own brush settings, palettes and canvasas etc so you could use them on both the desktop and laptop easily.
    Last edited by fmc; 11-21-2010 at 08:40 PM.

Thanks

Thank goodness. There usually isn't a problem, but I always ask.

Quote Originally Posted by fmc View Post
    It would be handy though if you had some sort of online tool box where you could store your own brush settings, palettes and canvasas etc so you could use them on both the desktop and laptop easily.
    Are you using either ArtRage Studio? Studio and Studio Pro allow you to create and save your own presets for the tools, canvases, palettes, etc. You could just email yourself a copy of the resources folder they are all kept in, and swap it with the one on your other computer.
    Nothing is easy to the unwilling.

Studio pro

Studio Pro, so I decided to email myself the downloaded presets.

Thanks for that Someonesane. Its how I deal with a lot of things while I'm travelling and using internet caf'es, I don't know why I never though of it for this. Old age? maybe...

The ArtRage license is per user, so if you want to install it on an additional computer for your own use, that's absolutely fine with us and won't invalidate your license. Pretty much already been answered I see, but here's the official response!
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by DaveRage View Post
    The ArtRage license is per user, so if you want to install it on an additional computer for your own use, that's absolutely fine with us and won't invalidate your license. Pretty much already been answered I see, but here's the official response!
    Awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!! Now I can edit/fix at the publisher office :-)

Just bought it this morning, so nice to know this.

As for storing your presets and ptg files you could use dropbox for this http://www.dropbox.com/

If it's online you simply save to this folder and it will show instantly in the folder on the other pc/ipad/laptop or whatever
    You can open the same file and update it and save to the same folder.
    It would then be available on every pc/ipad/laptop for continuing your work.

Hans

Smile thanks for the tips

I already have Mozy (2 gig free) and Microsoft own online back-up Skydrive(25 gig) free.

Anyway, I'll try dropbox anyway, and see how it measure when it come to this automated update.