ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Magic Trackpad

Magic Trackpad

Would love to see gesture support for Apple's multitouch trackpads (laptop and desktop). Would be great to be able to draw with my Wacom and navigate with the trackpad.

We're looking at some changes we would need to make to the base application to allow it to support various gestures on OSX, but for the moment you can move the canvas using a two finger tap-drag on the Magic Trackpad as long the 'Cmd + Mousewheel = Zoom' setting is turned ON in the Preferences/Input panel.

With that setting turned on, you should be able to use two fingers to move the canvas around. Other gestures such as zoom and rotate require some internal changes but they should come about as part of another set of updates we are looking in to currently.

Hope that helps!
    Matt
    ArtRage UI
    Ambient Design.

Just don't eliminate the "control+drag" option for moving the canvas in OSX. Though clicking the control button also toggles panel hiding, the combined action allows me to accomplish my most immediate needs with my (Wacom) stylus' global settings. Draw, erase, and drag are what I use the most.

I know it's cruel to bring up a 5 year old thread but... has there been any movement on this or is the idea abandoned?

I'm asking because I'm using a Surface Pro (Windows) on which gestures work so well, and I've just tried ArtRage 4 on my Mac with a Wacom Intuos and my Magic Trackpad can only move the canvas (and it's hesitant), not rotate or zoom it.

I was very inspired by how well the trackpad / combo works in SketchBook Pro: you can use the trackpad for gestures in one hand and draw with your pen in the other. That would be one killer addition to ArtRage!

The upcoming 4.5 update adds gestures on OS X: Scale, Rotate, and Move.
    Matt
    ArtRage UI
    Ambient Design.