ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Can't get started.

Question Can't get started.

Hi to everyone, got a couple of questions. Am trying to use Bamboo Fun/Artrage 2.6. Bamboo pen starts to draw/paint when 1cm from tablet surface and won't stop unitl same distance. Also, can't pick a tool using pen-taps-nothing happens. Have to use a mouse to select, pick, draw. Drives me nuts. Cannot find appropriate pen settings. What am I doing wrong? All advice gratefully rec'd. N2T.

Usually the settings are in configuration window along with other hardware properties.
    though wacom installs a few items in your program files.
    Maybe updating to the latest drivers online will solve the problem.
    found here http://www.wacom.com/downloads/drivers.php
    Make sure to uninstall the current ones as it will not overwrite them correctly.

Hans

Updating drivers is the best first step, we know that the Bamboo works out of the box with ArtRage but some older drivers with newer operating systems can get a bit confused sometimes.

If that doesn't work, check that your finger is not touching the tablet when this is happening: Because of the way the stylus detection works, if you have the tip close to the tablet, and your finger (index finger, the way I hold mine, for example) is touching the tablet and the stylus nib, that can activate the tablet.

If that's not the case, could you drop us a note at support@ambientdesign.com and let us know if the tablet is behaving like this in any other application, such as on the desktop, what operating system and hardware you're using, which version of ArtRage you have, and we should be able to go through some troubleshooting steps to help.
    Matt
    ArtRage UI
    Ambient Design.

Smile Thank you Haakoo and Mattrage for quick reply.

20Nov.
    Thank you both for your really rapid responses. Not had a chance to try your driver-remedy yet; soon though. Talk about service with a smile. Thanks again to you both.
    Mr Mattrage...may well accept your offer of further help.
    Best wishes to all.
    N2T.