ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Where to begin?

Wink Where to begin?

I wanted to improve my drawing...so I wanted to buy some pencils, then found Art rage. Totally worth it, and I've seen the tutorials. When I'm paid, I'll register the studio version. I work from home, so it's nice to have it for doodles. I like to make oracle cards, and have some ideas.

Here's my question. The mice (mouses?) I own are all gaming mice by Razor, quite high priced: the Naga mouse, and the Deathadder mouse. I think they are very accurate, cause they have to be dead on when fighting things. I certainly want a tablet, and might ask for one for Christmas.

So, where does one begin on Artrage? I've had a ball with it. I actually reproduced Keith Haring's art, and next, Edward Gorey, or like Edward Gorey. Artrage opened up a whole new world for me. I guess I'm trying to ask, what is a beginning project? Cause obviously the pictures I'm looking at in the gallery, people have been drawing or painting for years.
    Last edited by Rhonlynn; 11-19-2010 at 10:59 AM. Reason: Subscribe option placed

Just start where you feel comfortable, painting whatever you want to paint.
    Sounds like you are way ahead of me, when I
    started here. I had never painted anything at all until age 60, when I found ArtRage.
    Just dive in, ask questions, and have fun!
    Looking forward to seeing some of your work.
    My Gallery:

http://members.artrage.com/vb_users/2939
    Deviant Art Gallery:

Wink Thankyou.

Is your Halloween Terror done on Artrage? So, background first, then fill in with a pencil or felt tip, or ink pen. Artrage=no messy paints. That's one reason why I never started painting, too much of a mess.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhonlynn View Post
    Is your Halloween Terror done on Artrage? So, background first, then fill in with a pencil or felt tip, or ink pen. Artrage=no messy paints. That's one reason why I never started painting, too much of a mess.
    Yes, it was done with Artrage. All of my paintings are done with Artrage.
    Yeah, I tend to work from the background to the foreground. Altho using layers, there are times when I will go ahead and paint something in the foreground, and just make it invisible until I'm ready for it.
    My Gallery:

http://members.artrage.com/vb_users/2939
    Deviant Art Gallery:

Rhonlynn welcome to the forum.
    Just start paining without any idea in the head, express yourself by starting to make some scribbles
    go away from the screen for a few minutes en come back, watch ... watch again. what do you see in it?
    Start painting ... don't matter if it looks awful ... just continue
    or restart the process
    try all the tool, experiment ...

that's how I started