ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anime...

Anime...

So guys, I've been experimenting with the limits of human capacity. Turns out 24 credit hours is in reach. If you decide you don't want to sleep, you can also sneak two jobs in. If you throw eating out, you can also find time for art. =D here's a project I collaborated on with another guy I met in school. We don't technically have to do these, but we decided to go above and beyond on the school front and do a bunch of character designs for a programming project. At any rate, my buddy threw down some line work, and I dropped in color and texture and everything else. Man, Artrage makes digital art possible for me. I really struggle with other programs, Everything starts looking the same after a while. Artrage's tools are so very different from each other in utility that you can get so many different texture effects, especially on top of all those cool canvas things. Fantastic program. I don't remember why I wanted to go try Photoshop for art again. I really don't.

But at any rate, the first image is what my buddy did, the second is where I went with it. I had fun. I was 100% Artrage, I think he used pencil and actual paper. Wuss. =)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cleric1.4.jpg 
Views:	73 
Size:	43.4 KB 
ID:	50419  
    Early to bed early to rise makes a man stupid and blind in the eyes - Orson Scott Card

woops, forgot to throw his in! I'm really alert these days with all the no sleeping and 400mg of caffeine in pill form for breakfast...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Cleric.jpg 
Views:	70 
Size:	61.8 KB 
ID:	50420  
    Early to bed early to rise makes a man stupid and blind in the eyes - Orson Scott Card

Hi Gray, good to have you back.
    I like her expression, the dress is gorgeously done... and she vibrates with energy...very nice.

Really fine job on this..
    My Gallery:

http://members.artrage.com/vb_users/2939
    Deviant Art Gallery:

Good work

Very well done! Drawn so well and painted in a way that looks like shear clothing. Great art!
    My real name is Neal Gilbertson, AKA Gilbert Neilson, AKA Jibes.
    I'm a musician too. Please come hear my music at:
    http://www.icompositions.com/artists/jibes

I hope You'll be able to take it a litle easier pretty soon, to safeguard Your health, creativity and art for the longest time since, as it is quite evident here, they are absolutely remarkable!
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

great team effort!

@AT-AT: it's good to be back, after a fashion, I have a few more of these to do and post over the next few weeks, after that I've got a massive programming project to take care of and work will probably erupt, 2 board ops are quitting, we'll be down to 4 or 5 people from 8 or 9 so I'm in for it on the work front. But man, do I miss you guys.

@barnburner: Hey, thanks!

@Jasminek: My goodness, lots of new faces! Thanks much!

@Alexandra: Hey, mom! Thanks much. I feel like she's more of a doodle that got horribly out of hand than an actual painting, but it was super fun. =D

@Jibes: I tried some new stuff with the clothing, it's mostly ink pen and pallet knife, I'm never happy with how my clothing turns out looking, so I try something different every time. I'm glad you liked the result!

@Caesar: I really would love some down time too. I miss being able to harass these forums. You guys are the best: full of creative energy, enthusiasm, skill and kind words. You all are the best sort of people to keep around.

@gzairborne: Team efforts aren't usually this fun, but then, they usually don't include art. Thanks for the comment!